Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: AM lags in reloading/redrawing the screen.
« Last post by mkgtu on May 13, 2024, 09:47:40 pm »
Among the many suggestions that have been made, the only one that has made a dramatic difference for me - and actually removed any lag completely is: In the CONVERSATION settings, turn off the "Across folders" option. That's the one that combines your sent replies with the incoming messages.

When I turned that off, AM becomes lightning fast, no lag at all in redrawing. I had also made all the other changes suggested here and in emails from the developers in response to my bug ticket. While all those changes may have resulted in slight improvements, the lag was still present, quite often at least.

But turning off this one option to combine sent replies with incoming messages, eliminated the lag entirely. When I turn it back on, the lag returns..

It would be interesting to know if others who are experiencing this lag could eliminate it by turning off that feature.

And that's one of my favorite features, if for no other reason than it keeps ongoing conversations toward the top of the message list because including sent replies makes the conversation "current". I'd hate to lose it.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

How can I tell if AM Pro has already been migrated away from the unlocker app?  I do not see an offer to migrate, and don't know if I inadvertently did this months ago.

Hello lifespeed,

Please contact us at support@aqua-mail.com while providing a proof of your purchase, and the email that you used. This will help us provide further assistance.
This has been ongoing now for months and months. Will there ever be a fix??
« Last post by mkgtu on May 10, 2024, 09:45:32 pm »
I have 4 accounts set up in AquaMail: GMail, MSN, FastMail, and GMX. ONLY THE GMAIL ACCOUNT LAGS. The other three sync and refresh normally, no lag at all.

That same GMail account is set up in five other apps on my phone and experiences no lag issues in any of those apps: FairEmail, Edison Mail, K-9, Outlook, and the GMail app.

« Last post by mkgtu on May 10, 2024, 09:12:31 pm »
I have implemented all the suggestions and have reduced the plain folder sync to just the basic minimum: inbox, drafts, sent, spam, trash, etc for each account.

None of these changes has helped in the slightest.

It seems to me that if AM is adding more and more "new features" that the app can't handle, then it's biting off more than it can chew. Maybe it should get rid of these extra features that are making a mess of the basic functionality of the app.

Hello lifespeed,

To adjust the Sync settings, please go to Aqua Mail settings>manage accounts>choose the account you want to adjust>Folders

Let me know how it goes.
Hi,

It's simple, you can download Brave Browser as per your OS and configure the setting following as below:
Open the Settings app on your device.
Scroll down and select "Apps" or "Applications" (the name may vary depending on your device).
Find and tap on "Aqua Mail" from the list of installed apps.

Thanks for the help John  ;)
Hello everyone,

After conducting numerous tests on various devices, we've concluded (for now) that the "slowing" issue is likely stemming from the recently added features. The additional code has increased the complexity of the app. As a result, we've observed the following:

Please adjust the following settings:

Lower the Smart Folder time period (located in Smart Folder settings)
Avoid sorting the messages by "Subject/Sender.
Turn on Conversation combining (located in Conversation settings).
Increase the messages to cache (located in Mail, receiving settings)

Adjusting the number of "Folders" set to Sync as "Plain folder" can help optimize Aqua Mail's performance. This setting typically slows down Aqua Mail because each folder in push mode requires its own connection. By reducing the number of folders set to sync as "Plain folder," you can alleviate this issue and improve the app's speed and responsiveness.

We are dedicated to optimizing Aqua Mail further, but we need your assistance to do so. Please let us know if any of these changes are affecting how Aqua Mail behaves on your end. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve the app's performance.
General Discussion / Re: Open links in default browser?
« Last post by johndiesel on May 10, 2024, 10:52:54 am »
Hi,

It's simple, you can download Brave Browser as per your OS and configure the setting following as below:
Open the Settings app on your device.
Scroll down and select "Apps" or "Applications" (the name may vary depending on your device).
Find and tap on "Aqua Mail" from the list of installed apps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10