Author Topic: Transfer account with restore function  (Read 12676 times)

iceoair

Transfer account with restore function
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:10:28 pm »
Today i have change my smartphone with an other new. Old smartphone has android 4.0.4, new has 4.2.1.
First on old smartph i'have launched aquamail backup function, next i put manually the file acquamail.accounts.backup on \backup\aquamail then on new smartphone i restored with aquamail function.
All accounts are ok but account gmail.com says error connection. I tryed erase this account and recreate it manually but on first screen when i press NEXT says error connection (IMAP) and error connection (SMTP). I don't know where is the problem.
I waited to erase all data on old phone so i have tries if this problem is on server account but on old phone works fine this account, too. Both phones are connected on the same wifi. Old works, new no. I checked setup of this account gmail on old phone and write all settings identical on new phone but i have not resolve the problem. I don't know what to do....  :-[ :-[ :-[

iceoair

Re: Transfer account with restore function
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:25:29 pm »
Tried this, too. The password is correct becouse i have tried on my gmail account with computer... all is correct... in first page configuration (manually or automatically) when i press NEXT button i think don't check really setup ma says error immediately.

someone

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »
Check the characters used in the password. I had a similar situation where a new password worked from a windows PC but not when input from my Android device. Changing the password to remove some weird characters from the password made it work for me.

iceoair

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:00:15 pm »
Have you input your gmail password in AquaMail ?
No... password gmail and aquamail are differents... :-\

iceoair

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »
Check the characters used in the password. I had a similar situation where a new password worked from a windows PC but not when input from my Android device. Changing the password to remove some weird characters from the password made it work for me.
Aquamail says ERROR CONNECTION not ERROR PASSWORD. Anyway i have backup with aquamail function all accounts then i have copy the file on new smartphone and with specify acquamail function i have restored ALL ACCOUNTS. I've 7 accounts... 6 works fine, 1 (gmail) no. And i don't know why. I have tryed on old smartphone check email of this account gmail and works. I dont' understand... i think aquamail not recognize the connection (wifi) when check the mail with this account but with others works fine.

Maybe becouse this gmail address is the account in use on the android and it's managed from original GMAIL APPLICATION installed on the phone?
I tried to activate in gmail the option POP3 over IMAP and setup in acquamail this account in POP3 but nothing... no POP3, no IMAP the problem and the error always the same.  :-[

Maybe account gmail is busy in GMAIL ANDROID APPLICATION? But in other old phone was configured in this mode and works...

iceoair

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 09:13:54 pm »
Try this: change your gmail password, using only alpha characters.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
Tried this, too. Nothing works.

Tried with other 3 gmail accounts differents... nothing works. I can't setup nothing account GMAIL on aquamail.

I tried uninstall aquamail then reinstall it and insert only one gmail account (without installa other mine 6 accounts): nothing. No works.

I tried again restore accounts with aquamail restore function and restore all mine 7 account but gmai never works. I tried insert worng password and the errore message is always the same. It says CONNECTION ERROR, not password error or other. When i click on UPDATE for download messages it's very very speed to give this message. I think the problem is that ONLY for GMAIL accounts does not connect to wifi, for other accounts it's all right.

Mistery!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

iceoair

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:52:13 pm »
I tried all possibilities and all setup but i dont know how to do. I tried setup normal app email in standard email app but i have always SYNCRONISATION ERROR when i press next key. The password is right. I can access to my gmail account only with specify gmail app or with browser but not with any client. I checked setup synchronisation in android setup and it' all right and works fine. Only client not works.

I tried uninstaller gmail account and app aquamail but not resolve.

I think the problem is with gmail and android 4.2.1.

Anyone can help me or know about this problem with general client and android?

iceoair

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »
What happens if you install manually your gmail acount ? Without restoring it, just add a new account ? Step by step. Please copy your screens and insert them in your reply.

Yes i tried this too.
I insert email complete address than password and when i press next says error connection while in other client email says synchronisation error. Manually i can choose type connection, port, etc but for imap gmail is always Port 993, ssl and 995 with ssl for smtp. I have copy setup from old phone to this new phone. On old phone with android 4.0 i haven't never this problems. I think problem is android.

iceoair

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:42 pm »
Very strange! Obviously the bug is not related to AquaMail.

Initialy i tkink the problem was aquamail but now i think the problem is this android with all account gmail. With other gmail account not setup on my phone i have identical problem. It seems all account gmail can managed only with gmail app standard of android and no with other clients. With others differents address no problem, i have other personal mail, company mail and hotmail. All works.

iceoair

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:27 pm »
You know with your Samsung it is very easy to copy screens

I have new Prestigio phone, not samsung. Old phone was Prestigio, too. How can i copy the screen?

iceoair

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 07:22:20 pm »
Setup manually:
Type Server: imap
Name server: imap.gmail.com
Security connection: ssl
Port: 993
Authentic: automatic
Login: myaccount@gmail.com
Password: @@@@@@@@
Prefix: auto checked

Server smtp: smtp.gmail.com
Security connection: ssl
Port: 465
Authentication: auto
Login: myaccount@gmail.com
Password: @@@@@@@@
Ignore wifi: not checked

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 12:03:00 am »
In general, the app has a preset for @gmail.com, using those exact settings (imap.gmail.com etc.)

There might be an IPv6 issue (I'm looking in my crystal ball here).

Please try the latest development build from this very forum - it has some fixes / workarounds for IPv6.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

iceoair

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 11:51:33 am »
 You are big big big big..... :) :) :)
With new version 1.3.9 i have solved all my problems.
Now gmail works, too. Thankssssss ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:08:00 pm by iceoair »