Author Topic: Sync Exchange Calendar entries so Alexis can read them???  (Read 3525 times)

Anthony

Sync Exchange Calendar entries so Alexis can read them???
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »
Hi,
New Pro user so I may not be fully understanding capabilities...
I have Aqua Pro syncing from our corporate Exchange OK.
When I open my default calendar app (Google Calendar) on my Android device I can see all my calendar entries synced from Exchange as expected.
My phone will then notify me when a meeting is due - again as expected.
In the menu for the Google Calendar app I can see an entry for my corporate Exchange account and this is ticked to allow the calendar app to show the synced entries.

However - these entries are only available on the app on my device.
If I open Google Calendar in a browser on a PC I do not see my synced Exchange calendar entries.
At home I have Alexis set to look at my Google Calendar - if I ask Alexis what's in my schedule she doesn't detect anything as she is looking at the online version of Google Calendar.

Is there anyway of having Aqua Mail Pro sync with a Calendar that Alexis can then read??

Thanks!

Anthony.

StR

Re: Sync Exchange Calendar entries so Alexis can read them???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:23:39 pm »
You need to set you device calerndar to sync to your Google calendar on the server.

Anthony

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:38:17 pm »
Thought so but there does not seem to be an option to sync the additional account entries showing in Google Calendar on the device to the cloud.  :'(
If I add an entry to the calendar on my device it appear online in seconds as expected but the Exchange account entries do not sync online.

mrisch

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 11:16:20 pm »
Thought so but there does not seem to be an option to sync the additional account entries showing in Google Calendar on the device to the cloud.  :'(
If I add an entry to the calendar on my device it appear online in seconds as expected but the Exchange account entries do not sync online.

Correct - you need a separate sync program. There are a few if you search on line. You'll likely have to test to see what you like best.

StR

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:26:05 am »
Some devices can natively sync device calendar to your Google account (both ways), and some, - it looks like only one way (from the Google calendar to the device, but not the other way around).
I have a Motorola phone that works as the former, but my Samsung tablet works as the latter. I forgot all the details, but somehow Samsung calendar cannot sync directly, only via an additional app.

When you create a new event on your phone, does it show up on the Google Calendar server? I.e. if you look at your Google calendar via web-interface, - do you see it?
If you do, - it means you can sync it both ways. And then, you should be able to sync events created by Aquamail to your Google calendar server. Then, you need to figure out in which calendar does Aquamail create its events. What might be happening is that Aquamail saves these events to the "built-in" calendar that doesn't get synced to the Google Calendar.
You can see that on your phone: if you open the even, check which calendar that event is in (often, you can move it to a different calendar right there). If that's the case, - you'd need to figure out how to force Aquamail to sync to the correct (Google) calendar.
I don't have first-hand experience with that, as I am not using Exchange. There was some recent discussion, - so try searching these forums for that.

Alternatively, and especially if you device's calendar cannot be synced "up",  you can use a separate app that would do that syncing for you.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »
Re: What might be happening is that Aquamail saves these events to the "built-in" calendar that doesn't get synced to the Google Calendar.

No :) Aqua Mail creates a Calendar entity to represent (on the device) the Calendar (or several) in the Exchange account.

And this Calendar entity and the events in it is synced by Aqua Mail with the Exchange server, and your Exchange account there (not with some other account, Google or whatever).

And this (these) Calendar entities only exist on the Android device where you have Aqua Mail with your Exchange account in it.

All of the above is exactly as intended.

It sounds like what you need for your particular workflow is "something" to copy the events from the Exchange calendar (synced by Aqua) into your Google calendar (which would then sync to web browser / PC and become accessible to Alexa).

I don't know what this "something" may be. Perhaps StR is right and there are apps for that.

Another option is to see if you can add your Exchange calendar directly "into" Alexa.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201810470

The help page does mention support for Office 365.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/