Author Topic: Very slow (if at all) download of mail  (Read 15176 times)

Casuto

Very slow (if at all) download of mail
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »
Suddenly in the last four days it takes forever if at all to download email. It just sits there spinning around until I give up and have to use my browser or use the yahoo mail app. I am on a galaxy s3.

schuttwm

Re: Very slow (if at all) download of mail
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:28:42 am »
This is the only post that seemed similar to what I just experienced today.  Thought it might help to post to an existing post.  I run my own e-mail server so I have direct access and more intimate knowledge of my e-mail than some may.  I noticed today that the app was failing on one of my specific accounts but it wasn't a connectivity issue.  At first i thought it might be the IMAP port on my server but then found that I could refresh certain folders, just not one specifically, then when I moved a batch of mail then the folder that would not update changed with the mail (moved with web client).  I was able to track it down to the specific message that was causing this to occur.   This was originally in my SPAM folder as it is obvious backscatter (Which I am still fighting.)  But am so far unable to ascertain what in the message is causing this behavior.  So far one other client and the web interface work with this message just fine.  (I can provide RAW formatted message if desired, just not on public post).     

Why I post here is what would happen is the same as the original post.   The one folder would spin and spin until the timeout occurred.  No matter what folder this message was in (If the folder had thousands of messages or just this one.)  Which makes me think it is a content-header issue not an index issue, but I could of course be wrong. 

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:44:16 am »
Please send a log file to the developer. See in FAQ how to do so. Only the log file can help in debugging. Thx

@shuttwm:
It could be also helpful if you will send this email in original as ".eml attachment" in web mail or desktop mail app to kmansoft / gmail. Thank you

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 08:45:04 am »
Suddenly in the last four days it takes forever if at all to download email. It just sits there spinning around until I give up and have to use my browser or use the yahoo mail app. I am on a galaxy s3.
"... or use the yahoo mail app... "
That looks like you are using a Yahoo account - not really surprisingly since similar issues came up periodically in the past:
> you can use the forum search :"yahoo issue"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:49:39 pm by mikeone »

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »
Yes, I keep getting emails about how "AquaMail stopped working with my Yahoo account".... Not many, but a few a day.

One thing that *might* help is using Yahoo web mail (web site) to mark all your messages as "read", if you have a lot of them (say, hundreds).

Other than that, feel free to capture the issue in the app's debug log (see my signature below).

But I'm afraid that those *server side* issues are still for Yahoo to fix. I can only help identify them.

PS - I can now see that the original message is about Yahoo, but it's from 2013, and @schuttwm is not using Yahoo.

@schuttwm - only a debug log can help me see what's going on.

Please put the message back where it's causing trouble again, enable debug logging in AquaMail, including "raw session data", and capture the issue there.

See my signature, below, for more info about logging.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:55:59 pm by Kostya Vasilyev, Aqua Mail »
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/