Author Topic: Sidebar for Mail-Account Summary  (Read 14815 times)

jcasares

Re: Sidebar for Mail-Account Summary
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 11:57:57 am »
No need to explain more as you made yourself perfectly clear on why is not that good within that post at G+.
I believe that for me (GS4 with hardware menu button) it's a drawback and not a progress. For example, In Google Play I now need two hands to access My Apps.
I really wonder why Google take some decisions like the dumbing down of Google Play on the web. Functionality and and practicality went down with the changes.

stesyl

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »
I will admit that the Google play store side bar sucks, it's not a smooth transition like the others are . N the others it's a one handed operation

dirkliesenfeld

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »
Please consider using optional configuration for that,  so that we can chose what a swipe left or right will do. I would prefer a left swipe for replying and a right swipe for deleting.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

srt10coupe

• srt Design Labs
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 03:58:46 am »
Please consider using optional configuration for that,  so that we can chose what a swipe left or right will do. I would prefer a left swipe for replying and a right swipe for deleting.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

:D

stesyl

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:11 pm »
Come back to AquaMail, it's simply the best out there, Thanks. I know i'm beating a dead subject, BUT how about giving us the option with two versions  That way we can decide??

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 02:35:11 am »
Having an option for everything is bad because:

- It increases code complexity, in an exponential way, when you consider how various options interact with each other

- Both options / ways / UIs / schemes / whatever still need to be implemented and working all the time

Having said that, it's likely I will be adding this, but my top priority right now is:

E-x-c-h- (stop me when it starts to sound familiar) -a-n-g-e.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

stesyl

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 07:04:58 am »
Cool, gloom forward to it.
Thanks

beaky

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
Just as an exercise for the wish list - fillers. ( including me, as I still would value threading or something similar, but can wait)
 Look at the settings now. All of them.
Take every one that can be on or off, count those as having two states.
Take every one that can take variable values as having at least three, one each on the limit, one at a nominal value.
Take every major state the ui can be in,
Take every state of the phone that can have an effect. Standby/sleeping/awake, etc...
Consider how many processes go on in the background (sync,push,etc)
Now consider every version of android he supports.
Now consider every one of these in every combination of states you have enumerated.
Got a really big number? You bet!
You haven't really started to visualise the complexity, as weirdness may come from malformed data received from a server, or "user error" unforseen by the developer. How to handle that?etc, etc.....
Such combinational complexity can never be validated by exhaustive testing,in fact, but by good software design that isolates the issues, and so allows the testing to be rationalised.
Mission creep is the enemy of robust design. It is probably the main reason why big IT projects promoted by the uk government always fail, and fail truly spectacularly. When you move the goalposts, the football game suffers quite badly!
I would like kostya to continue to deliver good software, not get to the point of "code rot" or untestability that afflicts a lot of bloatware found on PCs these days.....

Just my two cents worth.