Author Topic: Aqua mail going to subscription  (Read 16589 times)

phred

Re: Aqua mail going to subscription
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2023, 02:52:57 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, Martin. This certainly seems like the right thing to do - keeping existing PRO users licensed without requiring any payment and without losing any features.

Wissertje

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2023, 05:10:50 pm »
glad to read that there is listening to your Pro users. it is much appreciated.

H2Om

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2023, 05:30:23 pm »
Dear valued users,
I don't feel like a valued user, but like a scammed user.

First of all mentioning piracy is misleading. Sure it happens but has absolutely nothing to do with introducing premium.

The deal was that when buying pro you'll get lifetime updates.
Now that's changed into "lifetime bugfixes" or something like that.
But that wasn't the original contract. The original contract was and still is "Get every update, upgrade, etc"

SCAM

H2Om

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2023, 06:01:18 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, Martin. This certainly seems like the right thing to do - keeping existing PRO users licensed without requiring any payment and without losing any features.
And WITHOUT any updates as was part of the contract when you bought a pro version.

The only right thing to do is migrate pro users to Premium with a lifetime $0/year.

AND obviously remove the abandon ware from the PlayStore. Still selling pro, to users who will get zero updates.

Pete6

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2023, 11:32:37 pm »
No way am I paying $29.99 year.  I'll just use either Outlook or GMail.

No, no , NO.

qwerty1q

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2023, 01:44:03 am »
that's a pure scam..... shame on you guys.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

phred

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2023, 05:24:22 am »
It appears that Martin's post from today (June 26) has been deleted from both "subscription" threads. Does anyone have a screenshot of it? If so, please post it. It would be nice to have so we can hold Mobi/Martin to what was stated in that post.

chris122380

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2023, 06:33:43 am »
It appears that Martin's post from today (June 26) has been deleted from both "subscription" threads. Does anyone have a screenshot of it? If so, please post it. It would be nice to have so we can hold Mobi/Martin to what was stated in that post.

I wonder why they deleted it. Still trying to figure out what they are doing because of all the complaints

karmantyu

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2023, 10:39:22 am »
I've bought AquamailPro knowing I will get lifetime updates and upgrades.
Developer has multiple choices to change the rules we agreed on:
1. Leave the application development and end Aquamail business (eg. later can start a new application with other name)
2. Rename the PRO package and keep the same feature set and priviliges for PRO users as we agreed on (eg. if the new app name is Aquamail Premium then this app should provide the agreed updates and upgrades for free in the future for us)

Justin

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2023, 10:44:01 am »

There is still the article in help/freshdesk:
https://aquamail.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/77000547624-important-announcement-concerning-the-aqua-mail-unlocker-pro-users

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2023, 11:52:42 am »
Hi everyone,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies and provide some clarification regarding recent developments.

Starting from September 30th, we will no longer update the "Pro Unlocker" as part of our proactive measures against piracy. The Pro Unlocker was being sold as a separate APK and is an old method for purchasing in Google Play from the time when in-app purchases were still not popular. Currently, there are 2 existing Apps - Aqua Mail and Aqua Mail Pro Unlocker. We aim to drop out the Pro Unlocker App, so we can only maintain the Aqua Mail App. Therefore you will be reissued a Pro license in the Aqua Mail App. So this will make the UX even better for our Pro users and they won't need to download and use two APKs.

We will be introducing a migration to which users with the Unlocker, including the "PAYPRO" license and those using codes, will be migrated.

Migrated "PRO" users (This will not be a subscription plan) will retain access to the features they used in Aqua Mail. They will receive regular updates including compatibility and security improvements, except for newly introduced features like "Unsubscribe" and others that will be exclusive to "Premium". It's important to note that subscribing to the "Premium" is not mandatory for "PRO" users, it's only optional.

We are striving to make the transition as smooth and convenient as possible for everyone. Further instructions will be provided to guide you through this process.

We truly appreciate your feedback and support.

Regards,

The Aqua Mail Team

chris122380

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2023, 03:53:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies and provide some clarification regarding recent developments.

Starting from September 30th, we will no longer update the "Pro Unlocker" as part of our proactive measures against piracy. The Pro Unlocker was being sold as a separate APK and is an old method for purchasing in Google Play from the time when in-app purchases were still not popular. Currently, there are 2 existing Apps - Aqua Mail and Aqua Mail Pro Unlocker. We aim to drop out the Pro Unlocker App, so we can only maintain the Aqua Mail App. Therefore you will be reissued a Pro license in the Aqua Mail App. So this will make the UX even better for our Pro users and they won't need to download and use two APKs.

We will be introducing a migration to which users with the Unlocker, including the "PAYPRO" license and those using codes, will be migrated.

Migrated "PRO" users (This will not be a subscription plan) will retain access to the features they used in Aqua Mail. They will receive regular updates including compatibility and security improvements, except for newly introduced features like "Unsubscribe" and others that will be exclusive to "Premium". It's important to note that subscribing to the "Premium" is not mandatory for "PRO" users, it's only optional.

We are striving to make the transition as smooth and convenient as possible for everyone. Further instructions will be provided to guide you through this process.

Regards,

The Aqua Mail Team

Why premium features at all? Why not premium for new users and just update Pro users to lifetime premium? Will some new features be available to both Pro and premium users or will all new features be premium only?

Wissertje

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2023, 02:09:18 am »
We aim to drop out the Pro Unlocker App, so we can only maintain the Aqua Mail App.
What nonsense that you maintain 2 apps. The Pro Unlocker app has not been updated since 2019.

I think this change is nothing more than raking ordinary money. And was actually waiting for this step of you. If you also look at the prices of your other apps, I really wonder which planet you are on? I am quite willing to pay a fair price, but not the prices that you ask. Although it is ridiculous because I paid years ago. I don't believe any word you type. You could have removed the Pro Unlocker app from the store and be able to build it in in the mail app itself, or just like many other app do, add a license check for preventing piracy. I even find it shocking that this Pro Unlocker app can still be purchased in the Playstore.

What it comes down to is that I have paid for pro lifetime, but don't get new functions.

The reactions you give are the same for days and they are no more than panic reactions and sweet holders. I still have aquamail on my phone, even though I don't use it right now, but get rid of that notification at the top.

And very much hope that this step you have made will work against you. After this step, Aquamail is no longer a company that can be trusted.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:16:50 am by Wissertje »

chris122380

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2023, 03:33:11 am »
I agree with everyone's comment that this is not a piracy issue. Aqua Mail can easily verify If the license is valid or not through the Play Store or through purchasing from them directly (when AccuWeather did an app change I failed to get migrated over to the new pro version I had purchased. They asked me to verify my purchase through an official Google Play email or a Play Store screenshot showing I had made the purchase and they fixed the problem right away. So if AccuWeather can do something like this to accommodate its paying customers there's no reason Aqua Mail can't.) It could be the fact that the unlocker app doesn't actually verify that the person purchased it. That is a Aqua Mail problem and shouldn't be blamed on legally purchased users.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 03:35:02 am by chris122380 »

RavenSoft

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2023, 04:09:00 am »
Hi everyone,

Regards,

The Aqua Mail Team

What about Google family library users? Are they suddenly going to be screwed out of the so that has been shared with them for years? Because subscriptions can't be shared if I'm not mistaken.