Author Topic: Need Tasker to Play Ringtone when Receive Message with Specific Text in Subject.  (Read 4813 times)

harekrishna

Sorry for the beginner question . . . but maybe it would help others. . .

I just installed "Tasker" . . . and selected the Aquamail plugin. 

I want Tasker to play a specific ringtone (mp3 file already on the phone) when any email arrives with this text in the SUBJECT     [ Reminder: ]   

When I try to edit the Tasker "EVENT", the Aquamail gives me 5 fields to choose from:  "For which account" (I left this empty), "From" (i left this empty too), "To" (i left this empty), "CC" (i left this empty) and 'Message Subject". . . . where I typed the following   [Reminder:%aqmsubject]

Obviously, I screwed up . . . . because emails with [ Reminder: ] in the subject are NOT triggering the mp3 file to play.

Can anybody set me strait?

Is my [Reminder:%aqmsubject] text string wrong?

And, did I leave out any other "steps"?

Thanks much.

Jim in Toronto

Scott_Miller

Sorry for the beginner question . . . but maybe it would help others. . .

I just installed "Tasker" . . . and selected the Aquamail plugin. 

I want Tasker to play a specific ringtone (mp3 file already on the phone) when any email arrives with this text in the SUBJECT     [ Reminder: ]   

When I try to edit the Tasker "EVENT", the Aquamail gives me 5 fields to choose from:  "For which account" (I left this empty), "From" (i left this empty too), "To" (i left this empty), "CC" (i left this empty) and 'Message Subject". . . . where I typed the following   [Reminder:%aqmsubject]

Obviously, I screwed up . . . . because emails with [ Reminder: ] in the subject are NOT triggering the mp3 file to play.

Can anybody set me strait?

Is my [Reminder:%aqmsubject] text string wrong?

And, did I leave out any other "steps"?

Thanks much.

Jim in Toronto
You probably want Reminder:*

Or if the brackets are part of your string, then

[Reminder:*]

Or something similar.

Scott M.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:00:58 am by Scott_Miller »

harekrishna

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I changed the Message subject field to:     Reminder:*

But the alert mp3 file is not playing.   I wonder if the problem is with my incorrect "Event" settings?

Like I said, I'm totally new to "Tasker".

I will attach 2 screen shots of my "Event" settings . . . maybe this will help you spot my errors?

Scott_Miller

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I changed the Message subject field to:     Reminder:*

But the alert mp3 file is not playing.   I wonder if the problem is with my incorrect "Event" settings?

Like I said, I'm totally new to "Tasker".

I will attach 2 screen shots of my "Event" settings . . . maybe this will help you spot my errors?
I saw that you posted a similar question on the Tasker forum, to which I replied. This likely has more to do with Tasker than AquaMail, so let's continue this over there. Besides, you'll get a ton of help from other Tasker users over there, as well.

Scott M.

someone

Kostya Vasilyev

Re: Is my [Reminder:%aqmsubject] text string wrong?

Yes.

%aqmsubject is variable that will get filled in by AquaMail from the matching message, you can use this in the action (e.g. show a popup dialog, that sort of thing).

It should not be part of the condition. Please change to "[Reminder: *" (sans quotes), the "*" means "match anything".
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

harekrishna

SOLVED Re: Need Tasker to Play Ringtone when Receive Message
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:01:08 pm »
Thanks for all who helped. I got it working.  Below are the steps that worked for me . . .

FIRST STEP:
Physically PLUG IN USB CABLE from computer's USB hub to Samsung NOTEBOOK4 cellphone
TRANSFER your RINGTONES from your hard drive (MP3/RINGTONES folder) to the phone's "RINGTONES" folder :

SECOND STEP = CREATE TASKER "PROFILE":
(a) Create a new "Profile" by clicking on "Plus" symbol
(b) Choose "EVENT" - then choose "PLUGIN" -- then select "AQUAMAIL"
(c) SelectType = "REMINDER"  (do NOT check " High Priority")
(d) Choose "MEDIA" then choose "PLAY MUSIC"
(e) Select the MP3 file ringtone you want to play

TIP: In the Aquamail 'plugin' there are just 5 fields (For which account, From, To, CC, Message Subject)
Since I wanted Tasker to play my ringtone only when an email arrived with the subject line word "reminder: " (followed by more words in the subject line), I entered " reminder: * " (WITHOUT THE QUOTE MARKS).  The "asterisk" (*) says "the subject line reads "reminder: " (with more after that can be ignored by Tasker)