Author Topic: Gmail deleted on web site still appears in AquaMail  (Read 4924 times)

Marti

Gmail deleted on web site still appears in AquaMail
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:33:18 pm »
I can't find this symptom in forum.

I am using AquaMail 1.6.1.3 and Firefox 44.0.2, both on Android Tablet. Actually, same problem occurs when using Firefox on PC. I keep gmail open in Firefox browser on desktop to send/receive mail while working on desktop, e.g., compute-intensive graphics,  etc.

I find that if I delete an email on the web (mail.Google.com), it doesn't get deleted in AquaMail,  even if I refresh. This has only started occurring, possibly coincident with my installation of AquaMail 1.6.1.3. I was previously on a developer version 1.6.1.0-dev4.2. Can't think of anything else that has changed - possibly new version of Firefox on tablet, but Firefox on PC has not changed and the problem occurs if I delete email there also.

Thoughts? Thanks, Marti

Marti

Re: Gmail deleted on web site still appears in AquaMail
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 11:37:31 pm »
One more piece of data. The problem does not occur if I delete an email in AquaMail.  I delete the email and then do a refresh on mail.Google.com and the email I deleted in AquaMail is also gone from web page.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:30:13 pm »
Firefox doesn't matter, you could be using IE in Windows 10 :) what matters is the mail server.

Please check:

Long press the account (in Aqua) -> options and folders -> account options and make sure that "remove deleted messages" is ON.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Marti

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 05:36:12 pm »
Yes, that fixed it - don't know how it got set that way. I'm sure you hear that frequently  ;). Sorry...

Related question - when traveling, I download email from an account that I read with Outlook on my desktop when I am at home. I would like messages I delete in AquaMail while traveling to be removed from the frontier.com server so I don't have to delete them all again when I return home and bring up Outlook.

However, I would like those deleted messages to remain in the aqua-mail deleted folder until they naturally get recycled. I can't find the correct AquaMail settings to do this - could you or someone else help?

Thanks, Marti

P. S. Gmail app just started supporting font colors, but I'm sticking with AquaMail!

Marti

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »
The email account that I use in Outlook on my desktop is from my ISP frontier.com. It's pop3. It's not a gmail account. I don't want to list the whole email address here, but it's like myemail@frontier.com.  If you're asking which folder I use on Aqua-Mail for Deleted, it's [Deleted]. I want to use the Aqua-Mail app to delete the messages from the frontier server but maintain them in the Aqua-Mail [Deleted] folder until they are naturally deleted (whenever that is).

Thanks, Marti

StR

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »
Marti:

Your email address is not needed.

For working properly, you need to have Aquamail's [Deleted] account mapped to folder on the server that is considered by the server to be for the deleted messages (Typically, it is "Deleted" or "Trash" or ...).
Use the web interface to look at your account and see what is the name for that folder.

Then, in Aquamail set [Deleted] to sync with that folder on the server by following the procedure described in the FAQ under "How do I access server side folders?":
http://www.aqua-mail.com/?page_id=227

I forgot to mention:
Messages in "Deleted" folder get "naturally deleted" only if your ISP's server has that functionality. And that's why you want that folder mapping. Not all servers automatically delete "deleted" messages automatically.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:47:56 pm by StR »

Marti

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »
Aah, I was thinking about Outlook being the server - silly me! I looked at the Frontier web site and they don't support IMAP. So what I have on Aqua-Mail is Inbox, [Sent], and [Deleted} - and I think Sent and Deleted now refer to actions within the app only. Looks like I can't do what I want, but it's a Frontier issue, not Aqua-Mail.

I just purchased the Pro version of Aqua-Mail, not because I need the features but as a gesture of how much I appreciate the app and the support. Thanks, Marti