Author Topic: Why I must press "back" twice in order to close the app after the last update?  (Read 5232 times)

viorel.rusu

Hi,
After the last update, today, on Android 7, I sow I must press "back" twice in order to exit the app if I am in the smart folder. After the first back the app goes in accounts list, and I must press back again in order to close the app.
Very annoying 😤😤😤
What can I do to obtain the old behavior? (I will install the older app till then)

arf8

You're not alone this is one of the most annoying things about Aqua mail in this update. I'm just going to have to roll back because I doubt they'll fix this.

mikeone

Hi,
After the last update, today, on Android 7, I sow I must press "back" twice in order to exit the app if I am in the smart folder. After the first back the app goes in accounts list, and I must press back again in order to close the app.
Very annoying 😤😤😤
What can I do to obtain the old behavior? (I will install the older app till then)
You could try to 'long-press' the "Back" button to close the app immediately.

This behavior should work from any point within the app. If not, please enable the option:

Settings > Look and feel > enable "Long 'Back' to close the app" (near the end of the list).

viorel.rusu

I sow that option, it's not fast, it takes more time than pressing "back" twice.
Your way of improving the user experience goes beyond my understanding ...
I came back to 1.16 version.
It seems that when things go decent, one has to have a "smart"  idea and spoil them by pretending to improve them.
🤢

mikeone

I sow that option, it's not fast, it takes more time than pressing "back" twice.
It seems that when things go decent, one has to have a "smart"  idea and spoil them by pretending to improve them.
🤢
I am not a developer and I have no relationship with MobiSystems.

Please excuse my recommendation that I have given as a longtime user, just to give someone a hint. Sorry for bothering you.

viorel.rusu

🤢

I don't understand your issue. Nothing has changed regarding that action in new version. What was your exact workflow before the update?
That behavior explained changed.
If you use multiple accounts (I have 4) and use smart folder as default on opening AquaMail you'll understand. If not, it's waist of time.
I attached the old behavior.

arf8

🤢

Not the first or last time the "development team" dictates how they think a feature should be implemented and completely ignores user feedback. The botched and completely useless Priority Notification is a perfect example. Arrogance plays a large part in this, but they will have you believe otherwise and other useless features like text to speech will be rolled out rather than improving the app with user feedback.

Par for the course to ignore paying customer feedback.

I rolled back too to the older rev.

andrewilley

That behavior explained changed.
If you use multiple accounts (I have 4) and use smart folder as default on opening AquaMail you'll understand. If not, it's waist of time.
I attached the old behavior.

This change is annoying me too, and I can't find an option to disable it, so I came here specifically to check if it was an already-reported bug.

I use the Smart Folder View as my app startup location for AquaMail, so single-pressing on the Back button from that same location should exit back out of the app.

I rarely want to see the full accounts list - I only have three email accounts, and they are each colour-coded in the Smart View page anyway - and if I ever do want to then there's already a link at the top of the screen that takes me there.

Also, now if I do happen to go to the Accounts page from my initial Smart Folder view, and then press Back, it exits the app rather than going back to the previous page (i.e. returning to the Smart View as it should).

The Back button should always take you back to the last viewed location, it should not go forward to a new page. There's a clue in the name of the button.

Andre
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:46:54 pm by andrewilley »

Kostya Vasilyev

What changed in 1.17:

- The previously existing setting "close app when short-pressing Back from message lists" has been removed

Because

- It's been replaced with the more direct and more correctly working "hide the account list" setting

If this new setting is enabled, you will also exit the app after tapping Back in message lists. Short press. No need for long press.

Many users were prompted after upgrading - but only those with 1 or 2 accounts.

So if you've not been prompted and do want to hide the account list and exit with Back from message lists, please:

Enable app settings -> look and feel -> hide the account list.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

arf8

This only makes navigation with multiple accounts leas efficient. Turning this off now requires multiple and additional end user action to navigate between accounts. So you think you fixed one thing but totally made the app less efficient. Thanks again for improving the app, NOT!!!

How about you give the old option back so we don't have to hit the navigation button multiple times to switch between accounts.

Who comes up with these genius ideas to "improve" the app and make it less efficient?

viorel.rusu

What changed in 1.17:

- The previously existing setting "close app when short-pressing Back from message lists" has been removed

Because

- It's been replaced with the more direct and more correctly working "hide the account list" setting

If this new setting is enabled, you will also exit the app after tapping Back in message lists. Short press. No need for long press.

Many users were prompted after upgrading - but only those with 1 or 2 accounts.

So if you've not been prompted and do want to hide the account list and exit with Back from message lists, please:

Enable app settings -> look and feel -> hide the account list.
OK, problem solved for me. Thank you

arf8

This fix just breaks something else.

Cawts

Go to 'settings', 'look and feel' and check the 'hide the account list' box. This closes the app with one click from the message list.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kostya Vasilyev

Re: This fix just breaks something else.

No it doesn't. About what you posted in the other thread - switching folders always closed the nav drawer (side panel).
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

arf8

Re: This fix just breaks something else.

No it doesn't. About what you posted in the other thread - switching folders always closed the nav drawer (side panel).

So you are just going to ignore the other thread where I clearly point out how this change makes the app less efficient... Way to hide the fact you ignore user feedback after getting called out for a mistake, or as your team calls these I'll advised changes a "feature" now we have to live with that you shove down our throats. Your arrogance is amazing!