Author Topic: Outlook problems  (Read 11494 times)

Olaf_1962

Outlook problems
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:14:57 pm »
I have problems with install a Outlook mail Account in Aqua Mail. Have any one the correct IMAP Server settings for me?
Sorry for my bad english.. I hope any one can help me?

With Greetings
Olaf_1962

bumpy_flapjack

Re: Outlook problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »
Hi Olaf_1962,

so if I understand you correctly you have a @hotmail.com or @outlook.com mail account that you would like to add, right?

AquaMail should be able to automatically import the needed server settings for you here.
In the app go to the "Add an account" option, and right there you should see an option that says "Hotmail or Outlook.com". If you click on it, the app will forward you to a website dialog on the Microsoft website, where you log in to your mail account using your email address and password, just like you would do on a computer browser.
Once the authentication is correct, AquaMail *should* import the server settings by itself.

Can you tell me if this works for you or if there is a more specific problem to it?

olli_black_42

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:50:09 pm »
Same here. When I try to add my @outlook account it fails while verifying the outgoing mail server (IMAP). Unknown server response. (German: Kontoüberprüfung fehgeschlagen. Eingehender Mailserver (IMAP): Ungültige Serverantwort.)

It detects the following.

SMTP-Server-Name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Verschlüsselungsmethode: STARTTLS (streng)
Server-Port: 587

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:09 pm »
There are issues with Outlook servers in Germany since about a month. Maybe just some Internet providers, we're not sure.

smtp-mail.outlook.com : 587 is correct, but may not work (from Germany).

Please try

outlook.office365.com (also with STARTTLS, port 587)

Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Ron

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:53:35 pm »
Same here (the Netherlands) since yesterday.

My @hotmail.com worked just fine till yesterday. It does not work anymore.

So, I deleted the account, then I added a new Hotmail or Outlook.com account and entered my login and password.
Then, after checking, I see this error message:

Account check error
Imcoming mail server (IMAP): Invalid server response
Please make sure your settings are correct.

When I manually enter outlook.office365.com (also with STARTTLS, port 587), I see the same error.

So, I am not able to access my @hotmail.com email anymore.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers!
Ron

AquaMail Pro 1.11.0-568

Edit: added version info

RESOLVED !!!

After trying several times it now magically seems to work again ?!
I successfully re-added my @hotmail.com account and can access the email.

Maybe Microsoft did not tell the whole truth at https : // portal.office.com / servicestatus  (remove spaces)

FYI:
Incoming: imap-mail.outlook.com 993 SSL (strict check)
Outgoing: smtp-mail.outlook.com 587 STARTTLS (strict check)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:25:03 pm by Ron »

Evelien2609

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:43:42 pm »
I am also from the Netherlands and I still can't add my hotmail account. I made a whole post about this about an hour ago https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=6108.0

I tried setting up my hotmail account again, but still get the Account check error incoming mail server (IMAP): Invalid server response. Please make sure your settings are correct.

I even went through it manually and all the settings are like you said Ron, but still get nothing. While my email I use for work related things which is a live.nl account is working fine when I added it again.

It was working all fine (both hotmail and live) yesterday and somewhere during the evening it stopped and I got an error. Deleting the app etc didn't work. And using blue mail or even the standard mail app that is on android devices, that one is handling the hotmail account without any issues. But I don't want to use those, I want to use Aqua mail! I have even purchased the pro version a few months ago.

So is it my phone, is it hotmail or is it aqua mail?? Which one is causing all of this?? Please help because I am freaking out! I need my main email account to work!

StR

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »
Have you contacted Hotmail support?
The app did not change overnight (there were no updates). Why do you think it is Aquamail?

And since you mentioned it, - if you need you "main account to work", you might consider choosing a more reliable provider for it.

Evelien2609

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:22:32 pm »
I have had that email account for over 10 years and I get everything on it. I am not changing it. It has worked fine. And how come blue mail and the standard mail app both work with the hotmail account? And aqua mail only opens the live second account that I have?

And Ron his account is working again, while I have the same exact settings and I didn't change anything on my phone or in the app or anything? I have even google the hotmail settings and checked the forum. I kept getting the same settings. Still nothing.

Ron

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:27:10 pm »
Hi Evelien,

I have used AquaMail for many years and it still is my favorite email client   \o/

Like StR, I do not think that AquaMail is the cause of the problems with Hotmail because the app is very stable and did not change recently.

Although Microsoft lets us believe that all is okay, I think that the cause lies most likely with the Microsoft servers responsible for setting up and connecting to your Microsoft hosted email account(s).

I have set up multiple accounts in AquaMail, so I did not completely uninstall+reinstall AquaMail but just deleted the @hotmail account. My guess is that you also will be able to succesfully connect to your @hotmail.com account in due time if you keep trying just like I did ;-)

Hope this helps,
Ron

Evelien2609

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:57 pm »
I had both the hotmail and live account set up till yesterday in aqua mail. It all worked fine till then. When the hotmail account gave the error the live account didn't refresh anything either and I read somewhere that deleting the app might work. So I did. And I put the hotmail account back but I can't set it up anymore. When I added the live account that one does work. And the hotmail works in the blue mail app and the standard mail app. So I don't get where the problem is coming from. If it was hotmail its fault, wouldn't it work in blue mail app or the standard app either?

I am not blaming aqua mail per se. I don't know what is causing it. Either aqua mail or hotmail or something else. I know I didn't change anything myself. It has to come from somewhere. I just would like to be able to have both accounts in the aqua mail app again like before. I am very pleased with aqua mail, it does what most apps don't.

So I hope it will magically work again or someone has the magic fix for me. Because I don't know what to do anymore.

StR

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 04:03:58 pm »
You asked the question:
So is it my phone, is it hotmail or is it aqua mail?? Which one is causing all of this?? Please help because I am freaking out! I need my main email account to work!
I gave you the answer. It looks like you don't like the answer because you cannot yell at Microsoft.

As Kostya has written above, Hotmail has had several problems with its European servers.
It looks like it might depend on which server your app gets connected to (there are many actual servers behind one name, with "load balancing" technique used), or on the state of a particular server. And that's why it is rather intermittent (between attempts and between apps).

Yes, it will "magically" work again once Microsoft will fix the problems with the servers.

The fact that you've had this account for 10+ years doesn't mean that Microsoft does not have problems. If you don't believe that Microsoft can have problems, - google it and read it for yourself.
A full-day outage was reported in Europe on September 18.

And you can see how frequently problems with outlook.com are reported:
http://downdetector.com/status/outlook/archive
And just in the past 24 hours, there are plenty of problem reports:
http://downdetector.com/status/outlook

Evelien2609

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »
I am simply asking a question. Just like microsoft aqua could get problems as well. I never said it couldn't. Anything can get problems. I have looked at the support thing for microsoft but for outlook they only offer a community/forum thing. I have tried that once before for chrome on an older computer and never got an answer. Many questions never get answered. So great support system there.

I now believe it has to be microsoft that is causing it. And I hope like in Ron his case it will work for me again as well. Rather sooner than later.

Since I started using aqua mail last year I never had issues like this before. So all of this is new to me. And I purchased the pro version because I was happy with aqua mail after trying many others before.

What still confuses me is that the live account is working and Ron his hotmail is working again, yet mine isn't. Is everyone connected to a different server then?

StR

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 04:28:38 pm »
What still confuses me is that the live account is working and Ron his hotmail is working again, yet mine isn't. Is everyone connected to a different server then?

There could be two issues here (and I am speculating based on the general knowledge of how this type of infrastructure is usually set up):
1. The "front" servers (IMAP or SMTP) that your app is connecting to: There is a "farm" of them, the connection is rotated (i.e. each connection could be happening to a different server). In this case, - since Aquamail's connection for each of your account is individual, - it can be connecting to two different servers.  If some of them are malfunctioning, you can experience problems.
2. The "back" servers, that store the information about your account login. These are liikely different for different accounts (and especially for different domains, such as live, hotmail, outlook ..) And they are definitely different for different countries from which they were created (e.g.  live.nl and live.com )  Also, accounts created at different times could be stored in different parts of the database (and on different servers).

In this case, I suspect it is the back-servers (2) that are having some problems, and that's why you have problems with one and not the other account. (And that's why Ron no longer has a problem, but you still do.)

Evelien2609

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 04:35:01 pm »
Okay that explains it somewhat better, and I understand it a bit better. So now it's just a waiting game for me and keep trying? I just tried it again 5 minutes ago and still no luck.

And would I be able to restore my backup once it's working again? Or would I have to set everything up again from scratch? Including all the settings etc.

Kottebo

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »
Same here, Sweden. I have 6 outlook accounts in aqua and one is the same issue as in OP...

I had it connected for a while, no problems and yesterday it started...

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk