Author Topic: Read emails on phone only  (Read 4803 times)

dwilker786

Read emails on phone only
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:16:12 am »
Hi! Done some searching but i have no really come across a solution this issue I have.  Or if there is one??

I use TB on a laptop with IMAP for emails. Love to use AguaMail but just to receive and read message on an Android based phone. I do not want them marked read on the server/laptop. I have tried a few option including the option 'deleting message, hide in app, keep on server' and no luck.

Basically I would like to read message on the phone but have them still marked as unread on the server/laptop. Has anyone had this issue before? or a possible solution?

Thanks again!

mikeone

Re: Read emails on phone only
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:33 am »
Basically I would like to read message on the phone but have them still marked as unread on the server/laptop. Has anyone had this issue before? or a possible solution?
Hi, there is a specific setting in AquaMail which should meets your expectations:
> go to app's main window (account list view) > menu button > Settings > Message view > scroll to "Mark messages as read" > choose the option "Never automatically"

Kind regards
Mikeone

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:56:32 am »
I'm not sure, I guess he wants to read messages on the mobile device but leave them still marked "unread"....
In my opinion the only way to get this is to leave them also marked "unread" on the mobile device.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »
POP3 doesn't provide "back-sync" of read/unread state to the server, by the nature of this (very old) network protocol.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

angusc

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 09:19:38 am »
Hi,

I have searched for the definative answer for this problem and there does not seem to be a clear descriptino of what steps need to be taken.

Please let me outline the issue that most people wanting or asking the similar question:

1) You have IMAP e-mail account.
2) You share access to this account across multiple devices and users.
3) When one user reads an e-mail you still want other users to see the same e-mail as "unread"

I have set up other E-mail clients in the past and they generally have an option "leave messages marked as unread on server" which would solve the above requirements. In Aqua mail i don't find exactly this option.

Could someone outline the steps to achieve this feature. I'm using g-mail as the IMAP mail provider.  Is there just a setting in AquaMail that achieves this or is it a combination of settings on the App and in Gmail settings do at the web browser level?

Thank you for taking the time to clear this one up

angusc

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33:25 pm »
Thank you for your reply, it was a few years ago so maybe it was under the older pop mail that I'm thinking about. It's just frustrating that imap doesn't have a setting to mark the message unread while the remote device can mark as read. I tried the setting that you guided me to, however that leave the message unread on the remote device and for me is very annoying as I like to process all my emails.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

angusc

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:06 pm »
P.s. That link was very informative. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk