Author Topic: Problem with Alice Mail Synchronization - Network Error  (Read 17879 times)

amw65

Re: Problem with Alice Mail Synchronization - Network Error
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 06:29:35 pm »
=deleted see separate thread = new thread because I am not using alice mail
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:10:53 pm by amw65 »

StR

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »
Note I used Gmail-app, Outlook-app and K-9. I am sorry, don't want to offend the developer at all...
Out of the above 3, Aqua Mail is by far the best in my opinion.
But that said, I never had these problems before, only with Aqua Mail it pops up, once in a while.
Then this go fine for a while, but like today, it pops up again and it looks quite stubborn this time...

I am not the developer, but just an Aquamail user and I consider myself being rather proficient in e-mail and networking (having had long experience with maintaining internet servers).

I have some thoughts about what is likely happening, based on what @federacer has written as the response from Alice support:
Finally I get a reply from Alice/TIM ... If you have TIM as your mobile operator, the mail works with apps like Aquamail or others ! If you have another mobile operator (I have Vodafone) the mail works only from browser (webmail) !

I suspect the reason for what you are observing is as follows:
Alice closed access to their e-mail servers from any mobile networks except TIM's.
So, if you are using any other operator, you would not be able to connect to the e-mail server from Aquamail. I suspect you can connect from the network that is not identified by Alice as "mobile" (i.e. when you are connected via Wi-Fi).

The reason why other e-mail apps are still working on those networks is probably because they are relying on the cloud services. Gmail and Outlook apps use cloud-based services where they pull and store the messages. Since those cloud servers are not on a mobile network, Alice is allowing them to connect to their servers. What I am still puzzled by is how K-9 can connect.
Sorry, no offense intended, but I suspecting that when you were testing this in K-9 you were not on non-TIM mobile network. If you still have K-9 mail app set up for your Alice account, you can test this by trying to check your mail from a non-TIM mobile network.

I hope this helps.

Kostya, the sole developer of Aquamail might have better insights in this when he gets to answer this.

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 11:39:26 pm »
Or maybe K9's preset for Alice is POP3...
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

Lucifero.x

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 10:50:09 pm »
Hi there,
same problem with alice.

Alice support can't solve this problem.

But  "I can"  ;D ;D

sorry, have bad english. Than continue in Italiano:

allora,  su aquamail , al posto dell' IMAP , devi settare POP3  perchè telecom non contempla che si possa accedere via IMAP da altri gestori.
Fatto questo e verificato il funzionamento della mail alice sotto rete tre, tieni premuto l'account di alice, ti si apre il menù a tendina e scegli "opzioni e cartelle", dopo selezioni "opzioni Pop3" e su "compatibilità di eliminazione del server" selezioni "sessione condivisa"    e...... voilà

Praticamente usi la mail come se fosse IMAP ma con le impostazioni del POP3 (mantenendo copia sul server alice e puoi riceverla su altri pc/smartphone)
e funziona sia in wifi che sotto rete dati.

Spero di esserti stato di aiuto  ;)

StR

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 02:47:04 am »
And to translate this text for Kostya (and anybody else interested):
@Lucifero.x recommends setting e-mail connection with Altice account as "POP3", and then Long press on Altice Account -> Options and Folders -> Pop3 options -> "server deletion compatibility"  -> "Shared session".
This way it would work on multiple devices (keeping a copy on Alice server), and from any network, including Wi-Fi and mobile networks.

Lucifero.x

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 09:02:20 am »
And to translate this text for Kostya (and anybody else interested):
@Lucifero.x recommends setting e-mail connection with Altice account as "POP3", and then Long press on Altice Account -> Options and Folders -> Pop3 options -> "server deletion compatibility"  -> "Shared session".
This way it would work on multiple devices (keeping a copy on Alice server), and from any network, including Wi-Fi and mobile networks.

Tnx for translate   ;)