Author Topic: Important announcement concerning the Aqua Mail Unlocker Pro users  (Read 28829 times)

ksuuk

Re: Important announcement concerning the Aqua Mail Unlocker Pro users
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2023, 08:57:13 pm »

As a Pro user, you will not lose features you already use. To ensure lifetime access, a migration option will be available soon.

We can offer the following options for migration:

1. Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the following days for transferring to a lifetime Pro license in the Aqua Mail app.
2. Tap "Upgrade" to become a Premium subscriber.

In the latest version 1.45.1, each account has this icon in the header, which when clicked will open a new window with an explanation of the changes, including " Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the next few days to upgrade to a lifetime Pro license in Aqua Mail.

I have selected "Stay Pro" several times but nothing happens.

How to get rid of this annoying icon and when will these next few days come?

And why duplicate all this since the same Pro/Premium selection page is available under settings > about > upgrade?

phred

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2023, 11:19:43 pm »
I agree.
We're Pro users and have chosen not to go Premium.
Once we tap "Stay Pro" the icon should go away, never to return.
It's annoying and unnecessary.

Perhaps place an option to go Premium in the settings > About > Version Info.

And while I'm looking at the screen, please explain what a"Upgrade - Get unlimlited access" is or does. I don't dare touch it since I don't know what it is and I don't want to change my current Pro version

HuberSepp

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2023, 12:15:22 pm »
I never clicked upgrade (aside from doing so for Pro years ago). I do not have an active subscription in Google Play, though I do now have an Aqua Mail app named Aqua Mail Premium that says I have a Premium sub in its settings. I'm sorry you two can't handle reality, but that is it, and I simply and politely asked what what was up with that.

Same here. On all my phones (and on the phones of some friends) it shows "Premium". Never saw the upgrade button, never clicked it.
Here's another user: https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8801.msg47676#msg47676

So I don't think this is by accident.

Boga

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2023, 01:00:20 pm »
In the latest version 1.45.1, each account has this icon in the header
[...]
How to get rid of this annoying icon and when will these next few days come?

I have to be careful not to accidentally upgrade from version 1.44.2 to stave off annoyances.

Interesting that various users seem to have been converted to Premium without a subscription, however.

Maybe Aqua Mail's owners are testing a plan to do the right thing after all.

Can but hope.

ksuuk

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2023, 06:17:03 pm »

Interesting that various users seem to have been converted to Premium without a subscription, however.

Maybe those who don't choose to stay on pro, are automatically converted to premium and the money is taken from their account?

Wissertje

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2023, 03:04:54 pm »
1. Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the following days
More than a month ago.  :-X

Every time i open aquamail i see that annoying thing at the top whit the upgrade message. and that for a paid customer.

Yesterday i opent aquamail a i see a screen whit instructions howto unsubscribe in emails. How? I'm a Pro member not a Premium? This is a Premium function?

chris122380

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2023, 04:45:02 pm »
1. Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the following days
More than a month ago.  :-X

Every time i open aquamail i see that annoying thing at the top whit the upgrade message. and that for a paid customer.

Yesterday i opent aquamail a i see a screen whit instructions howto unsubscribe in emails. How? I'm a Pro member not a Premium? This is a Premium function?

From the very beginning of this change I have seen the subscription option as well as the unsubscribe option. I wonder if they have implemented it temporarily to try to get people to subscribe to the premium service. The problem is they have been fairly silent since the majority of the Pro users have been complaining about this change. Most of us don't know what they're up to now or have moved onto a different email app.

Boga

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2023, 02:47:02 pm »
I have to be careful not to accidentally upgrade from version 1.44.2 to stave off annoyances.

Maybe Aqua Mail's owners are testing a plan to do the right thing after all.

Can but hope.
If it helps, this is the APK I've been using (I know the domain looks sketch; this is my personal Nextcloud file server hosting the APK scraped straight from the Play Store) in case an upgrade slips through. You can downgrade using ADB:

If that doesn't work (or you don't know how to use ADB), backing up your settings and accounts (AM Settings > Data storage > Backup & restore), uninstalling, then reinstalling the downgraded APK works fine too.

If you don't trust my domain (totally fine), the APK is also available on APKMirror.

Good point. Thanks!

I can actually back up my own installed app using either Total Commander or ML Manager APK Extractor, just in case.

(It's a split APK, incidentally; and in the Total Commander forum there's an official downloadable version of that app which retains the ability to easily install APKs after Google's AI decided the functionality wasn't allowed in the Play Store.)

lizama.academia@gmail.com

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2023, 08:00:20 pm »
Hello, today appeared in my app information to migrate PRO user. Does it appear to you?

attached image, does not let me enter a link

Boothy

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2023, 09:59:48 pm »
Hello, today appeared in my app information to migrate PRO user. Does it appear to you?

attached image, does not let me enter a link

Hi,
Yes ... mine appeared yesterday and now migrated over for the 9p charge (required by Google Play) and in the process of awaiting a refund for the hell of it 🤭😉
AquaMail Pro
Google Pixel 6 - android 13
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - android 10

Boothy

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2023, 11:17:47 am »
Regarding the question of what happens to AquaMail for those who have it shared on the Family Library, Google Play -
There were no issues yesterday when I migrated my wife's AquaMail over after I'd done the same for mine (main paid, Pro user). There was the minimal 9p charge again (I've not bothered to clam that one back 😉), and the process went ahead immediately. We're both now using the app with myself as the primary owner, and my wife sharing AquaMail via the Family Library. The migration prompt has also disappeared as expected.

👍👌
AquaMail Pro

flupke01

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2023, 02:01:58 am »
Regarding the question of what happens to AquaMail for those who have it shared on the Family Library, Google Play -
There were no issues yesterday when I migrated my wife's AquaMail over after I'd done the same for mine (main paid, Pro user). There was the minimal 9p charge again (I've not bothered to clam that one back 😉), and the process went ahead immediately. We're both now using the app with myself as the primary owner, and my wife sharing AquaMail via the Family Library. The migration prompt has also disappeared as expected.

👍👌
Well, did not work out for me like that at all. Even after some guidance from Aquamail helpdesk, I still ended up paying for each Family member separately. Don't mind the money, but what an annoying, time- and effort consuming and inadequate way to handle this all. Hopefully future changes will be better organized than this... Preferably, no more changes at all, and let me just simply enjoy this further great app.

Boothy

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2023, 12:31:24 pm »

👍👌
Well, did not work out for me like that at all. Even after some guidance from Aquamail helpdesk, I still ended up paying for each Family member separately. Don't mind the money, but what an annoying, time- and effort consuming and inadequate way to handle this all. Hopefully future changes will be better organized than this... Preferably, no more changes at all, and let me just simply enjoy this further great app.

Hi,
Not sure how you mean our situations were different? I (we) paid the 9p for each app to be migrated (mine and my wife's was another 9p). Once we both updated the app on Google Play and opened it, AquaMail popped up the option to migrate immediately.

Not ideal, but at least it's sorted and my wife's AquaMail app is still working via the Family Library as it was before. We're just 18p poorer 😂
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:37:18 pm by Boothy »
AquaMail Pro

SoCu

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2023, 08:16:39 pm »
Hello, I received an email informing me that you can upgrade to the Premium version,
But I have a doubt, now I do not know where I read, to make the change you have to pay € 0.09, which would be returned, but when a year passes, you have to pay each year € 29.99 ?

If this is so, and on top of that they use piracy as an excuse to charge 30 € each year, this really seems to me a robbery, it seems to me that we must say goodbye AquaMail, it is not the only mail management application, there are others and very good, and FREE.

phred

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2023, 08:26:19 pm »
Hello, I received an email informing me that you can upgrade to the Premium version,
You should spend some time reading the entire thread.

Yes you can update to Premium, but for the higher price and I can't recall if it's a one-time charge or annual.

BUT!!! If you are currently a licensed PRO user of AM, you can update to the newer PRO version for a minimal amount of money with a one-time charge that when you submit your Google Play Store purchase receipt to AM Support, you will get the amount refunded. The refund may take a while, but it will happen.