Author Topic: Important announcement concerning the Aqua Mail Unlocker Pro users  (Read 27691 times)

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Dear Aqua Mail Pro users,

Due to the increased risk of app piracy, we need to migrate Pro licenses issued outside of the Aqua Mail app to licenses issued within the app. Also maintaining only one app and having all of our users in one ecosystem helps us keep integrity and compatibility in the UX.

As a Pro user, you will not lose features you already use. To ensure lifetime access, a migration option will be available soon.

We can offer the following options for migration:

1. Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the following days for transferring to a lifetime Pro license in the Aqua Mail app.

2. Tap "Upgrade" to become a Premium subscriber.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition.

Best regards,

The Aqua Mail Team
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 05:05:37 pm by MartinKostov Aqua Support »

Stogie

Re: Important announcement concerning the Aqua Mail Unlocker Pro users
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 10:13:01 am »
I never experienced such a bitch move from an app development company.
You already forced the people to pay 21.99€ for the pro licence unlocker (more than expensive enough) and now they will lose even the best features to force them to pay yearly.
This will result in a bad review bombing and i don´t think anyone will accept paying this.
Bye Aquamail!

geekdot

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 11:51:31 am »
I can only support what @Stogie said... including the bitch move.

For years I recommended Aqua Mail Pro to numerous friends and colleagues - this stopped today. Actually I told all of them to replace it.
A "generous" 9.99€ 1st year subscription? And 29.99/y after that year?!?! Are you F-ing serious?  >:(

I hope this rip-off plan blows up in your hands!

Here's a "Bye Aquamail!" from me, too.

Iceman_jkh

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 12:03:39 pm »
Get F*cked!

My Google Play Review warned of this when the app was initially bought out. Now it will be updated to highlight this bullshit act by your company.
I'll also ensure that everyone I know moves away from AM (including those who were on any subscriptions).
F*ck you greedy c*nts.
You could have just kept things going for all those who supported you with lifetime licences at the start, and charged your new customers.

For others who read this and leave this sinking ship...a recommended replacement is FairEmail. Has a one time purchase. I haven't checked it myself yet, but anything is better than supporting this greedy, unethical bullshit.

Absthechatter

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 01:35:34 pm »
I can only agree with the above. It's the first time I have ever encountered this with an Android app. I too have recommended to literally hundreds of users. That stops immediately and I'll make sure the word is spread throughout the many communities I am active in what has been done. I'm off to find another app, cannot see this one staying in business long.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 06:50:05 pm »
Dear Aqua Mail users,

Please refer to the "edited" post!

More info soon!

sunking101

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 07:41:24 pm »
Dear Aqua Mail users,

More info soon!

Hi Martin,

Does this mean that when I change phones every 2 years and install the latest version of AquaMail that it will have no ads and I will be able to use multiple accounts? Please clarify. Thanks.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 08:29:10 pm »
Dear Aqua Mail users,

More info soon!

Hi Martin,

Does this mean that when I change phones every 2 years and install the latest version of AquaMail that it will have no ads and I will be able to use multiple accounts? Please clarify. Thanks.

Correct!

arf8

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 08:36:50 pm »
Martin,

Need clarification, the link you provided states there will be options for Pro users. It doesn't state Pro users will get the premium features.

Can you confirm here and now. That current Pro users will have all the premium features we currently use now?

arf8

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 08:38:01 pm »
Martin,

Need clarification, the link you provided states there will be options for Pro users. It doesn't state Pro users will get the premium features.

Can you confirm here and now. That current Pro users will have all the premium features we currently use now?

MickJ

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 08:43:43 pm »
Dear Aqua Mail Pro users,

Due to the increased risk of app piracy, we need to migrate Pro licenses issued outside of the Aqua Mail app to licenses issued within the app. Also maintaining only one app and having all of our users in one ecosystem helps us keep integrity and compatibility in the UX.

As a Pro user, you will not lose features you already use. To ensure lifetime access, a migration option will be available soon.

We can offer the following options for migration:

1. Tap "Stay Pro" and wait for further instructions in the following days for transferring to a lifetime Pro license in the Aqua Mail app.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition.

Best regards,

The Aqua Mail Team

OK, now I am unsure about this, it may be my reading it incorrectly, but it would seem that it is fraught with issues especially steps:

Are we being asked to become a premium subscriber and all the associated costs ?

The wording needs to be clarified and in simple unambiguous terms

arf8

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 08:45:53 pm »
If Pro users get all the premium features why would a Pro users want to switch to Premium. Hence my question above for clarification if Pro users retain all the "Premium" features they want to charge for

mkgtu

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 09:12:14 pm »
My interpretation of "will not lose features you already use" is that current Pro users would keep access to all the basic/free stuff PLUS the CURRENT PREMIUM features that we obviously "already use". BUT we would NOT have access to any NEW PREMIUM features that might added IN THE FUTURE. Access to new, as yet not developed, premium features would likely require a Premium subscription. And I'm sure there will be new premium features because AquaMail currently lags behind some other top rated (paid) apps, especially in multiple AI based features. It will need to continue to develop (not just fix bugs) or risk becoming obsolete somewhere down the road, and those future development costs will understandably needed to be covered.

That is my interpretation based on the language used in the post. I can't see any other possible interpretation.

chris122380

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2023, 09:43:23 pm »
I understand their concern over piracy. However if that's the case those they can verify have pro licenses should be automatically upgraded to premium lifetime subscription. They should be able to prove through the Play Store that I purchased the Pro app or I can go through my Play Store history and prove it as well.

iainmann

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2023, 10:28:06 pm »
Aqua Mail has a substantial and very loyal base of Pro users. Many were early adopters and have been active in helping and encouraging the development of the app as well as recommending and promoting it widely.

This base will gradually and very naturally diminish over time but it's important that Aqua Mail continues to support these users and not turn them against the app they've been supporting and encouraging.