Author Topic: Conversation Mode clarification  (Read 19761 times)

Davey126

Re: Conversation Mode clarification
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 07:42:04 am »
Opinion noted

Good, leave it at that... Reading comprehension goes a long way! This thread was over many posts ago, when it was made clear no changes were made.

Ha, I'm not even going to dignify a response to the rest of your juvenile insinuatory response. This is a tech forum, you are not going to inveigle me,  conduct yourself like a professional instead of inciting antagonistic comments with no merit.
Well said; another self inflicted wound.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:30:47 pm by Davey126 »

mikeone

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »
There is nothing unknown here as I previously stated. You are simply repeating what I have stated.

Contacts with different email clients whether it is mobile or desktop handle message headers differently.

Gmail has never incorrectly grouped messages, not once in my 20+ years using Gmail! Not here to start a pissing match about gmail, but making claims like that you should be very cautious!

I have contacts who use just about every email client you can think of and they are not grouped correctly in Aqua conversation view. There is no ambiguity or confusion how these messages should be grouped and they simply are not grouped correctly.

This a NOT a Aqua bug, it is the inherent way Aqua relies on simple header information to group messages. Could this be fixed, sure if the developers want to pursue this, and it has been made clear it is not going to be fixed!

I simply asked if something had changed in v1.8 to affect conversation mode b/c it only got worse, and it was answered already by Kostya.
Opinion noted but not definative. Gmail does not always get it right (however you choose to define that) with individual emails or small groups occasionally falling out of the main coversation. In this context "correctly" is a subjective term.

Your arrgresive characterizations of experienced contributors and the development team are both inaccurate and unappreciated.
+1
Fully agree, thanks for your statement.

mikeone

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 03:31:09 pm »
Opinion noted

Good, leave it at that... Reading comprehension goes a long way! This thread was over many posts ago, when it was made clear no changes were made.

Ha, I'm not even going to dignify a response to the rest of your juvenile insinuatory response. This is a tech forum, you are not going to inveigle me,  conduct yourself like a professional instead of inciting antagonistic comments with no merit.
Sorry to say that, but your responses are really disrespectful, aggressive and narrow-minded.

Please calm down and PLEASE behave respectfully to other members, especially to the developer.

And btw: this is NOT a "tech forum". It's simply a forum where users may ask questions, describe their issues and where other users can offer their help.

That the developer personally takes part in different discussions, takes care of the users and is listening to their voices isn't self-evident but very exceptional and commendable.

All this this together brings up the spirit of the forum and, subsequently, the success of "our" beloved app: AquaMail.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:59:03 pm by mikeone »

arf8

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 07:23:49 pm »
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see, no problem!

The developer and I had a great conversation over this issue privately! Where you come off insinuating insults are hurled at anyone, including the developer is your own feeble minded view!

Your attempt at morphing this into a personal attack will not go unnoticed. This is a technical thread, behave like an adult, your response is anything but helpful to the members here, let it go and move on.