English - Android > How do I...

new aqual mail user - aol.com new account app password generation fails

(1/1)

zumboom:
Hello,

New Aqua Mail user, using a free account on Android to try it out.
I created a new Aol email account for testing purposes, I have verified that the account works and I can send email to it and read it  using the web browser.

When I try and add it to Aqual mail is says that I need to generate a app specific password.
When I try to generate this app specific password under the AOL site security area, it fails and says to try again later.

Free chat support on AOL is not helpful and suggests waiting a few hours and trying again.

Is this normal and will the app specific password eventually work, or are there bigger issues with using Aqua Mail and AOL mail?

Thanks in advance,
-zumboom

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support:
Hello,

Free chat support on AOL is not helpful and suggests waiting a few hours and trying again. - Just keep trying, there is no other way around it. In general, this is an AOL issue and they are aware of it.

Is this normal and will the app specific password eventually work, or are there bigger issues with using Aqua Mail and AOL mail? - For some users it works instantly, for some after some tries.

Other than that there are no other issues currently with the AOL accounts in Aqua Mail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version