Author Topic: Hotmail server issue  (Read 1381 times)

grumpy

Hotmail server issue
« on: January 24, 2024, 08:22:24 pm »
Hi
On my phone my Hotmail account is failing to connect with the message 'Incoming Server Login Error. NO AUTHENTICATE failed'

This has only started in the last two days. No changes were made to the settings. The same account works perfectly on my tablet and the settings are identical. Any insights?

Jdavis37

Re: Hotmail server issue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 09:28:10 pm »
Hi
On my phone my Hotmail account is failing to connect with the message 'Incoming Server Login Error. NO AUTHENTICATE failed'

This has only started in the last two days. No changes were made to the settings. The same account works perfectly on my tablet and the settings are identical. Any insights?

Same exact problems. Phone is Samsung S22 Ultra. Error messages began on January 23. App sometimes works most times gives this error. Hotmail account works on the Outlook app without issues. Also works on my home computer without issues. using same password on each. My wife's account on her Samsung S21 is not having this issue but her account is an MSN email.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 02:28:11 pm »
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. An investigation is currently underway to address the issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

GregM

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 07:53:37 am »
Similar issue for me.
Outlook email accounts x 2 on AquaMail S22Ultra  intermittently showing same error, only been happening  over the last few days.
Not sure whether it is an AquaMail problem, or whether the Microsoft servers are unavailable.
Problem happens both on NBN FFTP Internet WIFI and Telstra NR/LTE
These email addresses work fine on my IPad mail

Jdavis37

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 08:24:37 am »
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. An investigation is currently underway to address the issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Problems continue, but somewhat intermittantly, yet it never goes away. Same error message, sometimes repeats several times in a row and then will stop for  abrief while. Two other mail apps on my phone are working without issues with this same hotmail.com account. Aquamail is able to receive mail but often stops working for periods of time while sending the login error message.

Sciamano

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 05:50:33 pm »
Same problem here, both with an outlook.com account and an hotmail.com account. I've noticed that only hardly ever they work or give error at the same time, which is somewhat peculiar.
If it helps, I tried using app passwords instead of the account passwords but it changes nothing.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 09:24:50 am »
Have you attempted to remove the accounts from Aqua Mail entirely and then re-add them? Many users have reported that this resolves the "NO AUTHENTICATION FAILED" error, and their accounts function as intended afterward.

viperacer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 08:46:10 pm »
Same problem to me. I removed the account and set up a new one, but th issue is still there.

Probably is a microsoft server issue, because i can login via browser with no problem, bui I and other users have the same error on windows thunderbird app.

Sylver

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 04:35:48 am »
Have you attempted to remove the accounts from Aqua Mail entirely and then re-add them? Many users have reported that this resolves the "NO AUTHENTICATION FAILED" error, and their accounts function as intended afterward.

The problems with Hotmail and Aquamail exists already from 16 December (!!!).
See other topic.

And the only thing you can give us as a solution is trying to re-add our accounts, as we didn't tried this by ourselves.

One and a half month later to fix a problem... that is unacceptable, not to say very unprofessional.

mikeone

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 03:47:00 pm »
Have you read this message yet?

Same problem to me. I removed the account and set up a new one, but th issue is still there.

Probably is a microsoft server issue, because i can login via browser with no problem, bui I and other users have the same error on windows thunderbird app.

Jdavis37

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 05:43:40 pm »

The problems with Hotmail and Aquamail exists already from 16 December (!!!).
See other topic.

And the only thing you can give us as a solution is trying to re-add our accounts, as we didn't tried this by ourselves.

One and a half month later to fix a problem... that is unacceptable, not to say very unprofessional.

I had submitted a ticket when this first happened, and today I saw it was closed without any response. This does not parallel with the level of support from Aquamail I had received in the past. I am using the Pro version.

Side question.. is the pro version a subsciption or a one time fee?

I have rentered my entire account more than once. I have changed settings in the manual mode fro the strict settings to accept any settings. Doesn't help. I get mail. It just decides to throw the annoying error messages when it chooses. Works for a while, then stops. repeats.

I have 2 other mail apps now on my phone and neither is having any issues. I have usedAquamail for a long time and have enjoyed it, but if my accout is not an annual renewal type of plan, it may be time to remove it. Not my desire because I like it, but this at the moment does not seem to be resolving.

I am not going to reinstall the application or my hotmail account unless there is some specific change or reason. If I could roll back to a previous version, I would do that to see if perhaps the current version, Android 14, Samsung UI etc are the cause.

Any other new suggestions, i'll try before removing the app.

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 05:51:19 pm »
Hello,

I had submitted a ticket when this first happened, and today I saw it was closed without any response. This does not parallel with the level of support from Aquamail I had received in the past. I am using the Pro version. - The ticket was probably automatically closed. Please re-open it from your side and I will have a look at it.

Side question.. is the pro version a subsciption or a one time fee? - The Pro version is not a subscription.

I am not going to reinstall the application or my hotmail account unless there is some specific change or reason. If I could roll back to a previous version, I would do that to see if perhaps the current version, Android 14, Samsung UI etc are the cause. - I suggest you remove the account from Aqua Mail completely, and then add it again, as I stated in my previous message here. It solves the issue! There is no way around it.

Jdavis37

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 09:16:32 pm »
Hello,

I had submitted a ticket when this first happened, and today I saw it was closed without any response. This does not parallel with the level of support from Aquamail I had received in the past. I am using the Pro version. - The ticket was probably automatically closed. Please re-open it from your side and I will have a look at it.

Side question.. is the pro version a subsciption or a one time fee? - The Pro version is not a subscription.

I am not going to reinstall the application or my hotmail account unless there is some specific change or reason. If I could roll back to a previous version, I would do that to see if perhaps the current version, Android 14, Samsung UI etc are the cause. - I suggest you remove the account from Aqua Mail completely, and then add it again, as I stated in my previous message here. It solves the issue! There is no way around it.

Martin,

I checked and am not on the pro version. I just deleted the account as requested and reinstalled it. I'll hold off on the ticket piece since it could be resolved by this. Will now wait and see :)

grumpy

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024, 09:50:25 pm »
I unnstalled and reinstalled the account 24 hours ago and so far so good. BUT I don't see why I should be needing to do this.

viperacer

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:40 pm »
From today it's OK. No error on Aquamail app and no error on Thunderbird win 10 app. Probably a microsoft server issue.
See you soon