English - Android > Bug reports

Hotmail server issue

(1/4) > >>

grumpy:
Hi
On my phone my Hotmail account is failing to connect with the message 'Incoming Server Login Error. NO AUTHENTICATE failed'

This has only started in the last two days. No changes were made to the settings. The same account works perfectly on my tablet and the settings are identical. Any insights?

Jdavis37:

--- Quote from: grumpy on January 24, 2024, 08:22:24 pm ---Hi
On my phone my Hotmail account is failing to connect with the message 'Incoming Server Login Error. NO AUTHENTICATE failed'

This has only started in the last two days. No changes were made to the settings. The same account works perfectly on my tablet and the settings are identical. Any insights?

--- End quote ---

Same exact problems. Phone is Samsung S22 Ultra. Error messages began on January 23. App sometimes works most times gives this error. Hotmail account works on the Outlook app without issues. Also works on my home computer without issues. using same password on each. My wife's account on her Samsung S21 is not having this issue but her account is an MSN email.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support:
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. An investigation is currently underway to address the issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

GregM:
Similar issue for me.
Outlook email accounts x 2 on AquaMail S22Ultra  intermittently showing same error, only been happening  over the last few days.
Not sure whether it is an AquaMail problem, or whether the Microsoft servers are unavailable.
Problem happens both on NBN FFTP Internet WIFI and Telstra NR/LTE
These email addresses work fine on my IPad mail

Jdavis37:

--- Quote from: Martin Kostov AquaMail Support on January 25, 2024, 02:28:11 pm ---Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. An investigation is currently underway to address the issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

--- End quote ---

Problems continue, but somewhat intermittantly, yet it never goes away. Same error message, sometimes repeats several times in a row and then will stop for  abrief while. Two other mail apps on my phone are working without issues with this same hotmail.com account. Aquamail is able to receive mail but often stops working for periods of time while sending the login error message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version