Author Topic: invalid server response 1.1.500  (Read 8181 times)

sunking101

Re: invalid server response 1.1.500
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2024, 12:12:23 pm »
Well this issue is now happening to both my Hotmail accounts and now my outlook accounts too, four of my email addresses.

Sylver

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2024, 05:11:17 pm »
For people who are having this issue, and particularly those who are talking about leaving Aquamail for something else, please keep these things in mind:

- EWS (the Exchange account type) is not needed to get your email from a Hotmail / Outlook / Live account. EWS is only needed if you want to sync contacts and calendar.
- IMAP (the Hotmail/Outlook/Live account type) works fine for email. It is not able to sync contacts and calendar.
- Many alternative email apps such as FairEmail and K-9 do not support Microsoft protocols, so they are also not able to sync contacts and calendar.
- If you like AquaMail but need to sync contacts and calendar and cannot get that to work, one simple workaround is to install the Outlook app and configure it to sync contacts and calendar, then disable notifications and just ignore that app. Setup your account using IMAP in Aquamail and continue using it in Aquamail.

Hopefully Aquamail will transition from EWS to Microsoft Graph in the future.

https://www.techradar.com/pro/microsoft-will-kill-exchange-web-services-in-3-years-as-everyone-is-strongly-advised-to-migrate-to-graph [nofollow]

You have given the answer yourself: we do need synchronization for contacts and calendar, so Aquamail is not a solution anymore.

Sylver

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 10:32:01 pm »
Well this issue is now happening to both my Hotmail accounts and now my outlook accounts too, four of my email addresses.

I've checked this on my old Aquamail app and indeed, nothing is working anymore.
Aquamail became completely unstable.

The only thing that a mail client app had to do is syncing mails with the server.
That's the most important thing and Aquamail don't realise this BASIC fonction!

When are they going to awake themselves?
The developpers felt in a big winter sleep, apparently.

chumley

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2024, 02:33:16 am »
My outlook account also started having problems again today.  :(

The only thing that a mail client app had to do is syncing mails with the server.

Nope. We also want to sync contacts and calendar.

chumley

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 02:34:51 am »
Please bear with us as we conclude our investigation. The issue is likely related to Microsoft.

Martin, can you give us any update on the investigation please?

MarkMessinger

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2024, 04:08:29 am »

Hopefully Aquamail will transition from EWS to Microsoft Graph in the future.

https://www.techradar.com/pro/microsoft-will-kill-exchange-web-services-in-3-years-as-everyone-is-strongly-advised-to-migrate-to-graph

On my Android phone, I use a third-party calendar app that syncs flawlessly to my Office 365 (Outlook) calendar using Graph API. So, yeah, count me as another vote for AquaMail offering that as a connection option.

Sylver

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2024, 06:25:58 pm »
My outlook account also started having problems again today.  :(

Nope. We also want to sync contacts and calendar.

Yes, absolutely. But for the moment, even mails are not working, which is the basic functionality.

sunking101

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2024, 09:54:01 am »
ALL Hotmail and Outlook accounts have now failed. Aquamail is broken since the latest update. Funnily enough it still works on my old tablet which I have failed to update.  The 11th Jan update still works fine but the latest 14th Jan updated version has failed on my phone and newer tablet.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2024, 01:35:35 pm »
Have you attempted to remove the accounts from Aqua Mail entirely and then re-add them? Many users have reported that this resolves the "NO AUTHENTICATION FAILED" error, and their accounts function as intended afterward.

Jeff

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2024, 04:44:45 pm »
Well this is a bad suggestion.  Trying this still results in the 1.1.500 error, and letting AquaMail default to "Outlook/Hotmail/Live" for the setup results in adding the account as IMAP, which we all could have done from the beginning, if that's what we wanted, but we don't.

IMAP is unacceptable because it does not support calendar.   We need the proper fix to the email issue itself.

A new installation of Nine works fine, so clearly this is still possible with third party email apps, but this does not work with AquaMail any longer.  Please fix this issue properly.

NGC300

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2024, 06:52:56 pm »
Have you attempted to remove the accounts from Aqua Mail entirely and then re-add them? Many users have reported that this resolves the "NO AUTHENTICATION FAILED" error, and their accounts function as intended afterward.

Thanks. It resolved the issue.

Ricardo

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 04:28:39 am »
Maybe It brings a new information.
Other app I use stopped to work few days ago: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.inote [nofollow]
It synch tasks from Exchange/Outlook.com/MS365.
Today they launched a new version with a workaround (or stable solution) and It worked. This is the release notes:

v12.7.2
* HTTP library replaced, uses HTTP 2.0 by default
* Office365/Outlook HTTP OPTIONS command support
* Temporary fix for Office365/Outlook and HTTP 505 error

hpg38

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 01:59:48 pm »
Hello
There is this in the same style on another updated messaging application:
"Fixed the account verification issue with the base64 encoding format for the URI query value used in Outlook accounts."

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2024, 02:15:30 pm »
Hello,

Seems like Microsoft has acknowledged the issue, or at least to some extent

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/outlook-and-other-apps-are-unable-to-connect-to-outlook-com-f4202ebf-89c6-4a8a-bec3-3d60cf7deaef

The discussion can be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlook-2016-doesnt-accept-password-or-app/b806e4e8-28fd-4b5b-8be2-2b03cf39b938?login_hint=martin.kostov%40mobisystems.com&page=1

P.S. If you go through the comments, you will find that the error you are experiencing has been mentioned by others as well.

sunking101

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2024, 09:34:00 pm »
Well I still have this problem and cannot use Aquamail until somebody fixes it.