Author Topic: invalid server response 1.1.500  (Read 8257 times)

Ricardo

Re: invalid server response 1.1.500
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
Thanks Snailium, the workaround worked!!!
I put user agent "test" and the synch started working again!!!

uabgjn

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 08:44:28 pm »
Hi Snailium,

I tried your workaround by putting "Private" in the "User Agent" filed.
Now everything works fine. Thank you!!

sunking101

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2023, 09:10:53 am »
Well what do you know, this worked for me too. How did you know to do that??

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2023, 10:17:46 am »
Martin has reached me and I've provided more details. For sure Aquamail team is working on this issue!

Here is some workaround I found. (Use at your own risk)

- Go to account settings, go to server settings.
- Choose "manual" setup instead of going "next".
- On the EWS server setup page, scroll to the bottom and find "User Agent" section
- Put anything other than Aquamail.
- Finish setup process.
- If it doesn't work, change to another user agent, any email client app you know.

Great find!

This method will only work with accounts that are using "Basic Auth"!

Accounts that are using Modern Auth will not be able to add their accounts and should refer to the article below and read the links that I have posted.

We have created an article based on the information we found on the web regarding the issue: https://aquamail.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/77000557203
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:54:59 pm by Martin Kostov AquaMail Support »

Sylver

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2023, 02:45:11 pm »
Martin has reached me and I've provided more details. For sure Aquamail team is working on this issue!

Here is some workaround I found. (Use at your own risk)

- Go to account settings, go to server settings.
- Choose "manual" setup instead of going "next".
- On the EWS server setup page, scroll to the bottom and find "User Agent" section
- Put anything other than Aquamail.
- Finish setup process.
- If it doesn't work, change to another user agent, any email client app you know.

Great find!

This method will only work with accounts that are using "Basic Auth"!

Accounts that are using Modern Auth will not be able to add their accounts and should refer to the article below and read the links that I have posted.

We have created an article based on the information we found on the web regarding the issue: https://aquamail.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/77000557203 [nofollow]

So, when will there be a solution?
Or are you saying that we have to migrate to another mail app?

For your information: configuration by IMAP is not a solution, because there is no sync with agenda and contacts in that case.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2023, 09:26:34 am »
Hi,

You can always disable the modern authentication and try the method  ::)

Sylver

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2023, 10:25:43 pm »
Hi,

You can always disable the modern authentication and try the method  ::)

And the same sentence for normal people, who are not computer scientist?
What is the definitive solution?

MarkMessinger

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 10:28:25 pm »
Has anyone attempted to avoid the "invalid_scope" by installing an earlier version of the app?

If so, I'd be interested in knowing how many versions back are necessary to go to avoid the error.

Also, to install an earlier version, is it necessary to first uninstall the existing version of the app? I live in fear of having to rebuild signature blocks containing images, etc.

Sylver

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 11:43:34 pm »
Has anyone attempted to avoid the "invalid_scope" by installing an earlier version of the app?

If so, I'd be interested in knowing how many versions back are necessary to go to avoid the error.

Also, to install an earlier version, is it necessary to first uninstall the existing version of the app? I live in fear of having to rebuild signature blocks containing images, etc.

No, but if I well understood, our mail has to be configured as EWS.
So the only thing to do is waiting for a solution of Aquamail.

snailium

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2023, 07:07:13 am »

I don't think the previous version can make things better. The fact is Microsoft server rejects normal Aquamail requests. I'm not the developer so I don't know the exact reason.

The workaround above just makes Aquamail doesn't look like Aquamail. It is kind of spoofing. So Microsoft server won't block the not-so-Aquamail client.

snailium

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2023, 07:15:03 am »

No, but if I well understood, our mail has to be configured as EWS.
So the only thing to do is waiting for a solution of Aquamail.

I have a feeling there might be no final fix from Aquamail. Now every clue points to the knowledge base article that "EWS is not supported for personal account".

Plus, there must be a reason Aquamail developer put a "User Agent" in the server configuration. If everything is normal, we should never use that "User Agent" and it is only for debug purpose.

My feeling is Aquamail just leave us a way to use EWS, which not suppose to be officially supported.

sunking101

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2023, 05:43:11 am »
I'm not sure that I understand the nature of the problem or why it has become a problem all of a sudden.

Sylver

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2023, 07:56:22 pm »
I'm not sure that I understand the nature of the problem or why it has become a problem all of a sudden.

Me neither, but it's clearly an Aquamail problem, as this problem doesn't occur with other mail clients.

And still waiting for a solution...

Kisuke-CZE1

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 12:50:41 pm »
Hm, what a bulletproof logic.
E-mail (and Calendar, etc...) provider blocks access to a service based on User-Agent (name) which is user's software reporting => It's that software fault...

It just seems that Microsoft does not want people to be able to use third party clients for accessing their service. It's just that simple.
They probably want users to use their software - Outlook. So they are restricting other user-agents from advanced features (EWS, Contacs, Calendar, Tasks).
And MS have every right to do it! In the end, you as a user are only a guest in their home (datacenter).

You can surely try to complain to your service provider. But as far as I know, the never advertised EWS will work for Personal/Free accounts. So I can imagine they will pretend it was never supposed to work (but it worked for years in reality). Only supported method of accessing email is IMAP/POP3, but that's how you lose advanced features.
I can only confirm that on company commercial/Office365 account EWS works with Aquamail without spoofing user-agent.
Not sure if you can somehow upgrade that personal/free account on office365 paid service.

But you can always choose to move your e-mail to another provider if you do not like that (or host your own, or move to some friend's server). That's how every user can shape the world. But maybe that is the plan - to reduce number of free/personal accounts - who knows.

Sylver

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2023, 05:08:35 pm »
Hm, what a bulletproof logic.
E-mail (and Calendar, etc...) provider blocks access to a service based on User-Agent (name) which is user's software reporting => It's that software fault...

It just seems that Microsoft does not want people to be able to use third party clients for accessing their service. It's just that simple.
They probably want users to use their software - Outlook. So they are restricting other user-agents from advanced features (EWS, Contacs, Calendar, Tasks).
And MS have every right to do it! In the end, you as a user are only a guest in their home (datacenter).

You can surely try to complain to your service provider. But as far as I know, the never advertised EWS will work for Personal/Free accounts. So I can imagine they will pretend it was never supposed to work (but it worked for years in reality). Only supported method of accessing email is IMAP/POP3, but that's how you lose advanced features.
I can only confirm that on company commercial/Office365 account EWS works with Aquamail without spoofing user-agent.
Not sure if you can somehow upgrade that personal/free account on office365 paid service.

But you can always choose to move your e-mail to another provider if you do not like that (or host your own, or move to some friend's server). That's how every user can shape the world. But maybe that is the plan - to reduce number of free/personal accounts - who knows.

What a bullshit.
It's rather simple: Aquamail has always worked with Hotmail accounts.
If Microsoft changes something in their configuration and Aquamail doesn't work anymore, Aquamail has to do the necessary to become compliant.
Just the same way like other mail clients have done.
Or how do you explain why other mail clients are still working?

Conclusion : Aquamail hasn't done the by necessary to adapt their software.