Author Topic: invalid server response 1.1.500  (Read 8247 times)

marky9074

invalid server response 1.1.500
« on: December 16, 2023, 02:56:29 pm »
Been an Aquamail user for some years now. Yesterday, around midday, my mail stopped syncing. Later I deleted the account and readded and all was OK, or so I thought - both the option to sync Calendar and Contacts had disappeared. This is a bit of a show stopper, so this morning installed Outlook again just to get contacts back and already I am hating Outlook.

So guess the question is two-fold. Why did my syncing stop yesterday and why when re-adding are these options removed? If this is no longer supported, is there a way (another app) that I can just sync calendar and contacts and still use Aquamail for the email?

phred

Re: invalid server response 1.1.500
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 12:58:56 am »
...is there a way (another app) that I can just sync calendar and contacts and still use Aquamail for the email?
I use Outlook -only- for calendar and contacts on my PC along with a stand-alone email client (The Bat.) On my phone I use AM for email and DejaOffice (free) for calendar and contacts. I sync Outlook and DejaOffice using Companion Link (about 20 USD if I recall correctly.) Companion Link and DejaOffice are developed by the same team so they're built to be integrated.

sunking101

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 10:56:23 pm »
Since the update my Aquamail email has 'broken'. No emails coming in whatsoever across multiple Hotmail accounts.

Ricardo

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 03:34:01 am »
I faced the problem too. My Aquamail received http error 1.1 500 all friday afternoon tring to connect to my personal Outlook.com account. Then I tried to recreate account and it only works by IMAP type (only e-mail synch). I was wondering if Aquamail doesn't support OATH authentication to Hotmail/Outlook/Live account and Microsoft stopped to accept the way we used until now (I think by password without OATH).

Besides, I use connection by EWS and I saw that EWS itself is deprecated by now and it will stop working around 2026. I didn't find any information if Aquamail supports or will support EWS successor (Microsoft Graph).

Aquamail remains working fine to synch my business account (Outlook 365) using OATH.

I opened a support ticket and started to search other solution. I use Android Samsung and Samsung synch is terrible, has many bugs. In the past I tried to use Outlook mobile app and I hated it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 03:38:26 am by Ricardo »

sunking101

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 08:22:17 am »
I have a Samsung S23 Ultra running Android13, a Samsung Tab S9 running Android14 and a Huawei tablet running Amdroid 10. All three have the latest version of the Aqua Mail app installed and yet only the Huawei app is working. The Samsungs can't receive or send any emails.

uabgjn

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 10:23:11 am »
I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S23 and my wifes Samsung Galaxy S23+, both running Android 14.
However, there is also a similar problem when using a older Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 12. I can not create a new Exchange account on that phone and I get "Unvalid response from server HTTP/1.1.500". All these problems started in the end of last week.

sunking101

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 11:41:19 am »
I had a message from the web developer on Google Play and they suggested to login using Office365 but the login form doesn't even recognise my email address. It gives the error code invalid_scope. The app isn't working at all on my Samsung devices. This needs a fix ASAP.

sunking101

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 09:25:37 pm »
Have Aquamail stopped replying to messages posted on this forum?

Sylver

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 12:35:26 am »
Created a ticket for the helpdesk this weekend. They don't reply.
Once again, after the big connexion problems before summer, again problems with my main accounts.
This is very frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 03:39:56 am by Sylver »

Sylver

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 03:40:21 am »
I had a message from the web developer on Google Play and they suggested to login using Office365 but the login form doesn't even recognise my email address. It gives the error code invalid_scope. The app isn't working at all on my Samsung devices. This needs a fix ASAP.

Same here.

uabgjn

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 10:41:12 am »
I expect at least a message from Aqua Mail acknowledging the problem and saying that they are working on a solution. >:(

snailium

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 11:12:31 am »
I suspect the App is blocked by Outlook server.

As I temporarily installed another email app which is doing well with OAUTH2 + EWS.

So, first, it is not outlook.live.com problem. Then the OAUTH2 in Aquamail need to be improved to support EWS.

Sylver

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 04:36:41 pm »
Does someone know a good alternative for Aquamail?
Not able using my contacts and agenda is very problematic.
Thanks.

snailium

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 05:46:51 pm »
Martin has reached me and I've provided more details. For sure Aquamail team is working on this issue!

Here is some workaround I found. (Use at your own risk)

- Go to account settings, go to server settings.
- Choose "manual" setup instead of going "next".
- On the EWS server setup page, scroll to the bottom and find "User Agent" section
- Put anything other than Aquamail.
- Finish setup process.
- If it doesn't work, change to another user agent, any email client app you know.