Author Topic: Mails received at night not getting fetched  (Read 1213 times)

TobiKatze

Mails received at night not getting fetched
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:49:50 am »
Since I switsched to a Pixel 8, I get the following bug:
Email I receive during the night do not show up in Aquamail. I do not mean "I get no sync at night" - they are just missing from the folder, even after a sync.
The Mails show up fine on my Mailclient on Desktop, but fail to on Aquamail. Synching does not fix the problem. Restarting does not fix it. Only if I move the mails to a different folder - they show up.
Could this have somethign to to with Aquamail missing the initial "push" during the night due to some weird Pixel 8 restrictions?

Using Android 14 on a Pixel 8. Aquamail is excempt from battery optimization (which is also turned off).
Aquamail "Night Mode" where Mails are not synched etc. is also turned off. The screenshot I attached was taken this morning after registering for the forums.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Mails received at night not getting fetched
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 04:06:03 pm »
Hi, please write to us at support@aqua-mail.com.

Could this have something to do with Aquamail missing the initial "push" during the night due to some weird Pixel 8 restrictions? - Highly possible, I suggest going through all the device settings related to notifications, restrictions, battery/power optimizations, etc.

Provide the following info.

Duration of the Issue: Could you please let us know how long you have been experiencing this issue?

Changes on Your End: Have you made any recent changes on your side, such as adjustments to server settings or configurations?

Account Types: Which types of email accounts (e.g., Gmail, Microsoft, etc.) are affected by this issue?

VPN Usage: Are you currently using a VPN?

Networks: Is the problem occurring on both Wi-Fi and mobile networks?

App Permissions: Please ensure that you have granted all necessary permissions to Aqua Mail. Additionally, could you check if there are any battery optimization settings or other device-specific optimizations in place that might be affecting the app's performance? If so, please consider disabling them.

Your responses to these questions will greatly assist us in diagnosing and resolving the issue you are facing. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please also send us a video of the problem so we can see exactly what you mean.
In case your device does not have a built-in screen recorder, The A-Z screen recorder is a good tool to use.
If the video is less than 20 megabytes in size, you can attach it to your reply.

Alternatively, please upload it to a cloud storage drive and link it to me.

TobiKatze

Re: Mails received at night not getting fetched
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 07:16:27 pm »
Hey there,

it has nothing to do with battery settings, notifications, etc. I can now clearly observe the following:

If I receive an Email on while in my Home WIFI - nothing shows up in my inbox. Aquamail SAYS it synched. I can manually repeat the sync. Nothing happens. The mail is NOT in my Inbox on my phone. But it IS in the Inbox of my Desktop App. And in the Inbox of my Second Email App I installed on my phone for testing purposes.

AS SOON as I cange WIFI (leave my house to change to 4G or disable WIFI in my Phone) - the Email pops up, I get a notifification, I can see it in my Inbox.

BUT: Same thing the other way around. If I get an Email while outside of my home WIFI - nothing happens. The Mail is NOT in my Inbox on my Phone. But on the Desktop App. And the second mobile App.

AS SOON as I connect to my Home WIFI and sync - the Mail pops up in my Inbox.

So: this is not a battery restriction issue, no notification issue. It is no issue with the Ports on my Router (as it happens regardless of WIFI, the important part ist changing the network).
It seems this behaviour is not new, either, I found this post from 2013 (https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=871.0) - which sounds pretty similar. Has this been resolved before?
And how do I fix this?

PS.: tried to Debug by pressing on the account name and choosing the last Option (Something like "Diagnosis: Message Time/Date" (it´s german, but you get the gist) and sent it to the support adress.