Author Topic: IMAP - No auto folder refresh?  (Read 559 times)

andruec

IMAP - No auto folder refresh?
« on: November 17, 2023, 06:10:40 pm »
I'm just trying out Aquamail as an alternative to K9 which I've been using for many, many years.

I've got things set up with my mail server (run on my own home PC) so network configuration seems correct.

However Aquamail never automatically updates the inbox. Even when it's running in the foreground.

When I registered for this forum I had Thunderbird running on my PC and both K9 and Aquamail on the phone. TBird and K9 notified me of the registration email within seconds but some ten minutes later Aquamail is still saying nothing and not showing the registration mail. It will if I manually refresh but clearly that's no good.

Update:After browsing the forum for a while I've just got back to the app and Aquamail was finally showing the registration email. So it looks like it might be polling? It should be using push mail.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 06:18:47 pm by andruec »

andruec

Re: IMAP - No auto folder refresh?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 06:23:10 pm »
Ah! I found it. There is a setting 'Enable push mail notification when app setting is on' which was set to off.

That's a bit of a silly default, folks ;)

Anyway I can give it a good road test now. My reason for leaving k9 is that it sometimes loses server connection when switching from mobile to wifi.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: IMAP - No auto folder refresh?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 09:40:24 am »
Hi, I'm happy to hear that you were able to sort it out.

Since Aqua Mail is highly customizable, I suggest taking the time and explore all the settings, FAQs, and the forum.

Also, we are here to help so don't hesitate to ask us anything related to Aqua Mail.  8)