Author Topic: The relevance of Aquamail in 2023  (Read 1240 times)

Justin

The relevance of Aquamail in 2023
« on: October 16, 2023, 07:07:56 am »
Hi, meanwhile there are 2 ways to use Aquamail:
- free, with many ads and restricted
- subscription

People don't like both. And this is why Aquamail is not relevant anymore in discussions about email apps. You can see this in forums everywhere.

Fresh example on reddit, discussions about to best email app:
https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/178mlcl/best_email_app/

Nobody recommends: Aquamail anymore.

phred

Re: The relevance of Aquamail in 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 03:04:28 pm »
As one of the comments states, "best" is subjective. This is directly under someone recommending AquaMail. What works well for me may not work well for you.

I've been using AM since the Kostya days. It does what I need/want in an Android email app. I have no issues with Mobi trying to monitize the app as long as those who bought a "lifetime" license a while ago were grandfathered in. And they were. I agree that their forum presence could be greater, but then the overall traffic of the forum has dropped.

The bottom line here is if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to use it. And the "I paid for it I have to keep using it and they need to keep updating it" rant doesn't really fly. How many apps have you bought over the years for your phone? And how many have you grown out of? Or stopped using for one reason or another? You don't like it, move on.

Justin

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 08:35:37 pm »
Did you read my posting?

The bottom line here is if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to use it. And the "I paid for it I have to keep using it and they need to keep updating it" rant doesn't really fly. How many apps have you bought over the years for your phone? And how many have you grown out of? Or stopped using for one reason or another? You don't like it, move on.

I didn't write what you wrote and what you even quoted.

My posting is about the future of Aquamail, when nobody recommends it to new users and nobody subscribes anymore.

And yes, after my post somebody mentioned Aquamail. Just an long time user who could do a one-time-purchase. ;)

phred

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 08:55:25 pm »
I don't believe I quoted you at all.

Although I do admit the "you" I used wasn't directed at you personally, but rather you in general. IOW others coming across the thread - new users and/or old users. It was all "in general," not directed at you specifically.