Author Topic: Having trouble propagating stars between Aquamail and Thunderbird with Office365  (Read 1872 times)

pinopini

Dear All,
thank you for admitting me to this forum. Apologies for asking, but I would appreciate if someone could help me solve a problem that is seriously affecting my usage of Aqua Mail.
My work e-mail account is based on Office365. I used to connect from Aqua Mail via Imap but, due to security changes performed by my employer, I now have to connect via the Office365 option. IMAP access is still possible with Thunderbird, but any other e-mail client seems to have been cut out from IMAP access and the IT staff at my company is refusing to investigate why (they keep telling me to use the Office365 option).
This change affects the way that important e-mails get "starred" by Aqua Mail (I guess the whole thing has already been discussed here: https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5050.0). In short, e-mails that get starred in Aqua Mail can be viewed if I use the Office 365 webmail, but stars do not propagate to Thunderbird. My understanding is that this depends on the "date" attribute being attached to starred e-mails by Aqua Mail and by Thunderbird (which, as I said above, uses a standard IMAP connection).
This is proving a serious shortcoming for me, as any e-mail that I see on my phone and mark as starred loses its star when I look at messages via Thunderbird on my PC.
I was wondering whether it would be possible to adjust the "date" attribute in Aqua Mail in such a way that it propagates smoothly to Thunderbird with the latter uses an IMAP connection to access the Outlook365 server.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this.
Kind regards,
Pino

pinopini

One more detail that I thought might be useful. Since my employer implemented security changes, when I try to access my Office365 mail using Aqua Mail via IMAP I get a message saying "NO AUTHENTICATE failed" from the IMAP server.
Thank you very much again for any help you can provide.
Best, Pino