Author Topic: Samsung Keyboard: Previous Messages Disappear When Typing a Reply  (Read 2444 times)

toolworker

When replying to a message, initially the "..." appears below the typing. After typing a line or two, the "..." disappears, and the original message isn't in the reply.

This started some days ago, possibly with the 2/16/23 release.

Using version 1.42.1-266 on a Galaxy S21 running Android 13.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:13:59 pm by toolworker »

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Previous Messages Disappear When Typing a Reply
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 11:35:59 am »
Hi,

​Are you using Samsung Keyboard? If so please, go to Samsung Keyboard settings>​ and disable Predictive text, Suggest emojis, and Suggest stickers while typing. ​Restart the app, and let me know the results!

toolworker

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 04:35:25 pm »
Yes, it happens only when predictive text is on.

I don't use emojis or stickers.

But I need predictive text. Will a fix be possible in Aqua Mail?

toolworker

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 05:44:23 pm »
And where can I download an earlier version of the Android app, if that is the only workaround other than turning off Predictive text and if a fix is not coming very soon?

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 11:19:22 am »
And where can I download an earlier version of the Android app, if that is the only workaround other than turning off Predictive text and if a fix is not coming very soon?

You can try using different keyboards like Microsoft Swiftkey or Gboard (we tested them and they work with predictive text, etc).

toolworker

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 05:05:25 pm »
You can try using different keyboards like Microsoft Swiftkey or Gboard (we tested them and they work with predictive text, etc).
Thanks, but I prefer not to have Google or Microsoft reading every word I type. Not saying I trust Samsung more, but I distrust them less, as their financial model is less dependent on monetizing user behavior.

Is this problem considered a bug in Aqua Mail? If so, can you give me some idea of when a fix might be forthcoming?

And if it isn't, or you can't, could you please point me to a download of an earlier version which would provide the workaround I am seeking?

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 11:32:49 am »
Thanks, but I prefer not to have Google or Microsoft reading every word I type. Not saying I trust Samsung more, but I distrust them less, as their financial model is less dependent on monetizing user behavior.

Is this problem considered a bug in Aqua Mail? If so, can you give me some idea of when a fix might be forthcoming?

And if it isn't, or you can't, could you please point me to a download of an earlier version which would provide the workaround I am seeking?

We have checked things on our side and we didn't find any issues, and we didn't make any changes. It's a strange "bug" that we cannot catch (yet*), but we are still looking into it.
Unfortunately, the only workaround is to use a different keyboard.

toolworker

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 03:06:51 pm »
So just to be clear - does this problem also occur with earlier versions of Aqua Mail?

It's easy to switch keyboards on the fly on Android, so I'll use Samsung except for emails.