Author Topic: Microsoft accounts login workaround  (Read 4783 times)

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Microsoft accounts login workaround
« on: February 15, 2023, 01:29:02 pm »
Hi everyone!

We are very sorry that our users experience problems logging in to their Microsoft accounts (Outlook, Hotmail, Live). The problem is not on our side, but we monitor the issue constantly.  :-\

We have two solutions.

• You can join the beta program and update the app with the workaround.
  • To enroll in our Beta Group, please use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.kman.AquaMail.
  • Please keep in mind that, we don't know for how long this solution will work because Microsoft can make sudden changes.
  • Or use the "Exchange mail" or "Other mail" login process from add account screen to sign in to your account. To do that you need to enable "Two-step verification" and then use the generated "app password"
  • You need to do the steps from your web browser by logging in to the Microsoft website.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback!

troypulk

Re: Microsoft accounts login workaround
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 12:38:38 am »
This might help someone,

I went to MSN and got a brand new App password and put this in place of my Hotmail password in Aqua Mail and Hotmail started working in Aqua Mail.

I let Aqua mail set up the Hotmail account automatically except for the password.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944 [nofollow]

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Microsoft accounts login workaround
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 12:53:01 pm »
Hi,
The issue is resolved.
Please update the app to the newest version, delete the account, and then add it again, using the normal way.