Author Topic: Repeating Notifications with Starred Gmail  (Read 2318 times)

milligandw

Repeating Notifications with Starred Gmail
« on: February 11, 2023, 07:31:59 pm »
Hello,

There appears to be a notification issue that occurs when I change read Gmail to unread Gmail. If I open and read an email and change its status to unread, several minutes later I will get a notification for that e-mail. The initial notification could have occurred days before.

David
Galaxy S22+
Android v13
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 05:35:28 pm by milligandw »

milligandw

Re: Repeating Notifications with Read-to-Unread Mail
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 03:21:15 pm »
Update: The issue seems to be caused by marking a Gmail message a favorite, i.e., activating the gold star, as opposed to marking it unread.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 10:47:02 am »
Hi, thank you for the report. This is indeed strange. Can you send a short video of the issue?

milligandw

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:14:42 pm »
Hello,

I don't believe a video would be feasible due to the timespan of events. However, these are the steps I took this morning to reproduce the behavior - with screenshots.

1. Woke-up with several Gmail notifications with a bank statement among them (7:09 am)
2. Opened AquaMail
3. Marked the bank statement "important" as a reminder (didn't open and/or read)
4. Closed AquaMail
5. Checked my phone at 7:40 am and saw a repeat notification for the bank statement

David

milligandw

Re: Repeating Notifications with Starred Gmail
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 05:41:56 pm »
Any progress on fixing the repeating notifications issue when tagging a Gmail message with a "start?"

To reproduce:
Receive a Gmail email notification
Open Aquamail and tag the email with a "star"
Several minutes later, receive another notification for the same email

David
Galaxy S22+
Android v13

milligandw

Re: Repeating Notifications with Starred Gmail
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 06:10:30 pm »
Some additional information: The issue seems to be related to how much time has passed between when the email was received and when it was tagged with a "Star."

I discovered this while testing if the issue was still present, yesterday I "Starred" an email that I had received the previous day and I did not get a repeat notification. But I just "Starred" an email just after receiving it and shortly thereafter, I got a 2nd notification.