Author Topic: Outlook.com Error synchronizing mail  (Read 3833 times)

ChristopherBhe

Outlook.com Error synchronizing mail
« on: December 23, 2019, 03:55:45 pm »
Hi, since a few days ago Aquamail suddenly can't access my outlook.com account anymore. I think it was just about after an android update.
I found a thread with a similar problem here: https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=2599.0 , but it's an old thread and it couldn't help me.

The error on the main menu says "Error synchronizing mail, Authentication error: NO Login failed: Authentication failure". When I try to manually reset the settings, Aquamail can't sync up the outgoing server, and gives the error: "Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Error connecting failed to connect to smtp-mail.outlook.com/52.97.158.162 (port 587)"

My settings are SMTP-server: smtp-mail.outlook.com, security type: STARTTLS (strict check), server port: 587. Two-factor auth is not set up on my outlook account. I've tried on multiple Wi-fi networks and 4g connection.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Timbo

Re: Outlook.com Error synchronizing mail
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 02:43:13 pm »
Hi Christopher,
I've got the same problem. Did you resolve the issue?
Thanks,
Timbo

Mick5150

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 05:09:01 pm »
I'm willing to bet what is causing this is also causing the 535 error people are getting as of about four or five days ago. See the other thread in general discussion about this. It involves the SMTP as well.

Martin made a post to an article they have on the help desk Solutions area about them working with Microsoft to get this resolved. I would bet it has something to do with authentication in general which is why it's showing up as a different issue for different people with these accounts but all seems to come back to Authentication. Just a guess though I have no idea how any of this works just seeing common threads. Some have found starting the email as a regular email account instead of using the specific office setup can provide immediate relief and ability to receive and send emails. Worked for me at least. Hope this helps.

AquaMailDC

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 02:44:11 pm »
There is another thread about 535 auth issues.  If you join the AM Beta from the Play store and leave a few mins and then check for updates and update to the latest Beta the auth issues are fixed (well for now until MS break it again).  Once updated to the Beta your first connection to any Hotmail/Outlook mail account will pop up a red banner.  This was resolved for me by getting a 2FA pop up for the email account - so should work for everyone else the same way if you have 2FA enabled on your mailbox.