Author Topic: Outlook.com : Invalid JSON 'claims' value encountered  (Read 4590 times)

yosifcuervo

Outlook.com : Invalid JSON 'claims' value encountered
« on: January 15, 2023, 04:24:28 am »
Hello, I recently wiped my phones and had to restore the email accounts from backup. They are all working fine, except any outlook.com accounts. In my list of accounts, they show with a red banner saying 'Incoming server login error: The login (OAUTH2) server returned something strange...'  If I click the error and try to reconnect the credentials, I receive the attached error. I have tried removing one the accounts, and adding it back in - I am shown the Microsoft logon page where I enter my email address - and then still receive the same error, and cannot add the account.  Weirdly, I also have some hotmail.com addresses which are working fine - the issue seems isolated to any outlook.com addresses. Any ideas?

aball

Re: Outlook.com : Invalid JSON 'claims' value encountered
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 11:15:53 am »
Yes, happening to me too.. I tried everything, nothing works. Other mail apps register the hotmail account just fine but AquaMail doesn't work.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 10:21:42 am »
We are aware of the problem and are looking into it. Microsoft should be aware of this by now as well (we think that the problem is coming from their side as well). So hopefully we have a fix soon! I will keep you updated!

aball

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 10:46:06 am »
Thank you, but I've tried a few other email apps that I have (K9, FairMail, Samsung Mail, Outlook, etc..) and ALL worked just fine with my outlook/hotmail account (adding the account from new).

No reason my favorite of all AquaMail shouldn't as well!

Please your soonest fix would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 05:59:58 pm »
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. After a few days of investigating we found the problem and fixed it (it occurred for version 1.41-1.42). The problem was in the console configuration. You should try to log in again (if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying until the server recognizes the new login), and if you are still experiencing problems clear the Aqua Mail cache located in Phone settings>apps>Aqua Mail>Storage. You may need to clear your browser cookies as well. In the worst case reinstall Aqua Mail. (make sure you do a backup if you want to save your settings).

Please let me know how it goes.

aball

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 10:50:44 am »
Yes, finally, thank you!

tier_64

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 03:09:15 pm »
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. After a few days of investigating we found the problem and fixed it (it occurred for version 1.41-1.42). The problem was in the console configuration. You should try to log in again (if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying until the server recognizes the new login), and if you are still experiencing problems clear the Aqua Mail cache located in Phone settings>apps>Aqua Mail>Storage. You may need to clear your browser cookies as well. In the worst case reinstall Aqua Mail. (make sure you do a backup if you want to save your settings).

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Have a new phone and cannot login to hotmail or outlook addreses becouse of this exact issue.
I've done everything you said, but doesn't work!
Please, I need to access my e-mails from my new phone, I used Aquamail for years, don't want to change.
Anything else I can try???
Thanks!

jorgeantema

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 08:10:55 am »

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Have a new phone and cannot login to hotmail or outlook addreses becouse of this exact issue.
I've done everything you said, but doesn't work!
Please, I need to access my e-mails from my new phone, I used Aquamail for years, don't want to change.
Anything else I can try???
Thanks!

Hello, I am also having this issue, changed my hotmail password earlier and now this is happening, tried clearing cache, re-installing AquaMail too, but same issue. Please help, thanks!

tier_64

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 06:18:56 pm »
I'm using K-9 in the midtime, it works flawlessly with outlook and Hotmail accounts.
Still waiting for a solution to this issue, Aquamail is by far my favorite email app..  :'(

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 10:47:41 am »
Please update Aqua Mail to the latest version (1.42), the problem should be fixed there.

fkUaqm

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 12:09:13 pm »
Please update Aqua Mail to the latest version (1.42), the problem should be fixed there.

NO THIS HAS NOT BEEN FIXED MY GOSH FIX IT YOU'RE SCREWING OVER PAID CUSTOMERS LONG ENOUGH FIX IT TODAY OR I AM DONE WITH AQUAMAIL IVE STUCK WITH THIS CRAP APP AND ALL ITS CONTROVERSY FOR EVER AND NOW ITS BEEN HALF A MONTH AND YOU CAN NOT FIX A SIMPLE ISSUE MY GOSH YOUR APP UPDATE HAS DONE NOTHING AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL DO NOTHING AS WELL YOU WANT SOME MORE MONEY AND USERS DATA BEFORE YOU FIX A SIMPLE!!!!! ISSUE

tier_64

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 02:35:04 pm »

I have the version 1.41.0-234, installed from the Play Store. There's no 1.42 version to download, I've checked it.
When will it be available on the Play Store? I'm still stuck with this issue!!
Thanks!

mikeone

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 08:24:08 pm »

NO THIS HAS NOT BEEN FIXED MY GOSH FIX IT YOU'RE SCREWING OVER PAID CUSTOMERS LONG ENOUGH FIX IT TODAY OR I AM DONE WITH AQUAMAIL IVE STUCK WITH THIS CRAP APP AND ALL ITS CONTROVERSY FOR EVER AND NOW ITS BEEN HALF A MONTH AND YOU CAN NOT FIX A SIMPLE ISSUE MY GOSH YOUR APP UPDATE HAS DONE NOTHING AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL DO NOTHING AS WELL YOU WANT SOME MORE MONEY AND USERS DATA BEFORE YOU FIX A SIMPLE!!!!! ISSUE

Your 'Caps Lock' button seems to be broken.

ChrisAnonymous

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 07:34:41 am »
I opted into the beta since 1.4.2 is not currently available as a standard release.

After updating, the issue still persists and I still receive the error: "Invalid JSON 'claims' value encountered"

I'm currently unable to use this app for any emails since I changed my password for existing accounts and there's no way to update credentials in the app.

Would love to hear when someone has found a working fix for this...

Edit: As suggested, I tried clearing the cache for Aquamail, clearing the cache for my browser, and even reinstalled the Aquamail app. But I'm still receiving the same error.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:49:45 am by ChrisAnonymous »

tier_64

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 01:46:44 pm »
I opted into the beta since 1.4.2 is not currently available as a standard release.

After updating, the issue still persists and I still receive the error: "Invalid JSON 'claims' value encountered"

I'm currently unable to use this app for any emails since I changed my password for existing accounts and there's no way to update credentials in the app.

Would love to hear when someone has found a working fix for this...

Edit: As suggested, I tried clearing the cache for Aquamail, clearing the cache for my browser, and even reinstalled the Aquamail app. But I'm still receiving the same error.

Hi! Same here.. Opted into the beta in order to be able to install 1.4.2 version. The problem persists. I cleared the cache, reinstalled, etc. Nothing worked.
Any news from the team please?? Will this be solved??