Author Topic: Same Text for Multiple Notifications on Notification Bar  (Read 3441 times)

milligandw

Same Text for Multiple Notifications on Notification Bar
« on: November 23, 2022, 03:16:26 pm »
I recently migrated from a Samsung S9+ to a S22+ and imported from Aquamail settings. When I get an Aquamail notification in my S22+ (I have Hotmail & Gmail accounts, but I'm only configured for Gmail notifications) for more than one Gmail message, the text from one message displays for all of the messages - giving the appearance of duplicate notifications. See attached screenshot.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Same Text for Multiple Notifications on Notification Bar
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 06:54:52 pm »
Hi, This is a known issue, we think it comes from Android 13. We are still investigating it. Something do to with the notification settings.

milligandw

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 11:49:52 pm »
Good to hear that it's a known issue. To rule out a corrupt account, I deleted my Gmail account and added it back, but to no avail. As an FYI, it seems to occur with multiple messages from the same sender. To test my suspicions I sent three test emails to my Gmail address and confirmed that the subject text for #3 was rendering as #1 in the notification bar. See attached...

kalwados

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:00:09 pm »
Hi, This is a known issue, we think it comes from Android 13.
It also happens on my old Huawei Media Pad with Android 8.0, so I guess it is not related to Android 13. The notifications from GMX Mail or GMail app are correct.

milligandw

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 10:19:09 pm »
FYI: I'm still using LightFlow, which seems to handle multiple notifications w/o displaying any as duplicates. See attached...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 10:21:15 pm by milligandw »