Author Topic: Can't set up Office365 OAUTH2 using IMAP, EWS, or Office365  (Read 3267 times)

qw12zx

Can't set up Office365 OAUTH2 using IMAP, EWS, or Office365
« on: November 04, 2022, 04:57:58 am »
My university uses Office365 with OAUTH2 modern Microsoft authentication.  I used to be able to configure an IMAP account that would offer OAUTH2 and would recognize the servers that we use (outlook.office365.com and smtp.office3655.com).  Now I can set up an account that sort of works.  There is no option for OAUTH2, and Aquamail uses my login email (xxx1@yy.edu) as my default "from" email, which is not the address that I use to send and receive, which is xxx@yyy.edu).  And since nobody knows my login address, which is the address for the account, I can't receive the emails they send.  Modern authentication used to work fine.  Now it doesn't.  If there were an option to set your account email address to be different from your login email address, that might fix things.  That is how it works (or used to) with IMAP. I don't know why the developers can't do that with EWS or Office 365 (I can't remember which I used to get it to half-work).  I am using Android devices.

Can anybody help with this?  I love Aquamail, but may have to switch to native Android mail or Outlook or Nine, all of which are fine with modern authentication (as is Thunderbird, which I use on my desktop).  I am somewhat desperate.  Changing to a new email program is a hassle.

phred

Re: Can't set up Office365 OAUTH2 using IMAP, EWS, or Office365
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 08:23:49 pm »
A little searching on the forum will bring up a number of posts.