Author Topic: Microsoft Exchange problems - Login error to incoming server HTTP/1.1.401  (Read 5020 times)

Rigi

Hi!

I hope you can understand me, because I use google translator!

I can no longer access my email with my Exchange data. The error is reported: Login error to incoming server HTTP/1.1.401

What is the problem? I've also tried other email programs on the Xperia 5iii, but I can't connect to any of them. BUT: Everything still works perfectly on the MacBook Pro (Apple). What can be the reason? I'm not an admin of the exchange account, because it's my email from my job!

Does somebody has any idea?

Greetings Martin
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 09:16:05 pm by Rigi »

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Hi,

Please refer to this article and read it carefully.

https://aquamail.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/77000533419

AriZoNaiCe

Hi,

Please refer to this article and read it carefully.

Desperately need an option to use OAUTH2 for IMAP.  Can that be added or prioritized, in light of Microsoft's removal of basic auth?

I fully and completely understand the restriction.  I manage O365 tenants for clients and there is a need to "send as" either a distribution list or shared mailbox for which a user is a delegate.  The workaround was always to configure an IMAP account to authenticate as the user's account but set the e-mail address as the distro or shared mailbox they need to "send as", which worked great.

I would love to see either:
  1. Send as / change from address (with a notification that you still need permissions to send as the user in Exchange Online for this to work successfully) in e-mails configured in 365
  2. Ability to authenticate using OAUTH2 for an IMAP account on Exchange Online so that we can continue to use the existing workaround.  Attachment directly from Microsoft (because I cannot post external links to Microsoft) explains how that works from a development perspective
        * learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/legacy-protocols/how-to-authenticate-an-imap-pop-smtp-application-by-using-oauth

For me -- this is an ultra-high priority.  I have been a paid user of Aqua Mail since before I can remember, and I love the app.  I don't even want to consider using a different mail app because I truly love the interface and performance of Aqua.  Really never had any issues.

Please help! :-)