Author Topic: IMAP w/ OATH2 for Office 365 Account - Is It Possible?  (Read 3542 times)

AriZoNaiCe

IMAP w/ OATH2 for Office 365 Account - Is It Possible?
« on: October 14, 2022, 04:32:48 pm »
Hey Kostya,

A really happy and long-time Pro user.  I have long been using a "duplicate" IMAP account to "Send As" an Office 365 Distribution List from my primary Exchange Online (O365) account.  However, with Microsoft set to disable Basic authentication protocols at the end of this year (I previously had to re-enable those protocols to continue using this setup in Aqua), will this still be possible?  I believe the IMAP account in Aqua would need to use OAUTH2, which I believe you support for some other mail systems, like Gmail.

Thanks for reading!

-- Brian

qw12zx

Re: IMAP w/ OATH2 for Office 365 Account - Is It Possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 05:01:59 am »
I used to be able to do it.  Then something changed, I think it was Aquamail as my organization's email system remained the same.  Now you cannot use IMAP with OATH2 for Office 365.  The only program that I know that will still do it is Thunderbird, but that's for desktops.  If you want better performance with your configuration, switch to native Android email, Outlook, or perhaps Nine.  I have raised this issue on multiple occasions with Aquamail, a program I adore, but the developers don't seem to care.