Author Topic: Badge Count incorrect (shows more than exists) on two different android devices  (Read 3294 times)

Boothy

I recently noticed on my Xiaomi Mi 9T phone (android 11) that the AquaMail badge count was showing around 20 more unread messages than there actually were inside AquaMail. I thought the issue was related to my device's notifications settings, but then noticed the exact same inconsistency on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 on android 10).

This morning the badge count displayed 47 unread messages on both my phone as well as my tablet. I took screenshots before and after opening both AquaMail apps. Both apps showed 47 unread messages on the badge counts, with both showing the actual number of unread messages at the top = 26 when AquaMail was open.

Here are screenshots showing badge count and actual number of unread emails in the app.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:25:28 am by Boothy »
AquaMail Pro
Google Pixel 6 - android 13
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - android 10

Boothy

I found a previous message I'd sent here relating to badge counts ......
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=7655.15#msg44010
...... and have repeated the steps to select / de-select the options in AquaMail settings for

Message notifications - Notify about - All unread / re-enabled

Smart watch enhancements - / re-disabled

Notify about ongoing operations - / re-disabled

Unfortunately, when the badge counts reappeared later this morning, both remained in error showing ~ 21 too many.
AquaMail Pro

Boothy

Looks like I solved it.

I have 3 accounts in my Smart Folder. I opened them individually and noticed my Gmail account was showing the extra "unread" messages (I'd ordered the list by unread first) as I'd manually counted them. I marked them as "all read" and the issue has resolved.
AquaMail Pro