Author Topic: Deleting mail on IMAP does not expunge on the server  (Read 3526 times)

btrc

Deleting mail on IMAP does not expunge on the server
« on: September 29, 2022, 04:32:16 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if the subject is correct.
If I delete a mail I get the notification "moved to trash as usual", the mail has disappeared on the Inbox folder and appears in the Trash folder. All as expected. But on the IMAP server nothing has changed. There the mail is still in incoming.

The issue happens on 1.38.1-197 on a Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra with MIUI 13.0.13 (Android 12). I cannot reproduce the issue on some other device with the same Aquamail version, there all deletions are synced to the server at once. I compared almost all app and account setting, almost all is identical like this:
Code: [Select]
Account->IMAP Options->[x]EXPUNGE
I tried to synchronise both folders incoming and trash. After restarting the app the "deleted" mail is there again in Inbox just like on the server.

Doing a manual Move to Trash folder is not pushed to the IMAP server either.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 04:38:44 pm by mssm »

btrc

Re: Deleting mail on IMAP does not expunge on the server
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 10:32:38 am »
Ok, according to your description in https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5533.msg33310#msg33310 I got that issue solved by setting the Trash folder back to "Sync with Deleted".

This is kind of confusing as I did not understand that option correctly apparently. Because I have many account and many synced mails, I tried to reduce the workload on every sync in order to only sync INBOX and SENT or all mailboxes. If I would need to check the Trash folder I can always sync it manually if needed. So I switched the option for the Trash folders Sync no "Don't sync". That was wrong appearantly.
I did not expect that moving a mail from Inbox to Trash does not push the changes to Inbox anymore if Trash is not synced. However it work again now after setting to "Sync with Deleted".

Does that mean all Trash folders are now included again in every sync run?