Author Topic: To much white space between the keyboard and the body of the email  (Read 3758 times)

chris122380

To much white space between the keyboard and the body of the email
« on: September 13, 2022, 03:54:06 pm »
AquaMail has already tried to argue this is not a bug but it didn't exist previously and it definitely is a GUI bug.

The AquaMail teams response on this.
The "bug" described by Chris is not a bug, you can easily adjust the screen by tapping "enter" thus making the screen bigger/taking more space to fill the "gap". I have spoken to the devs about it and they assured me that this is intentional. 

First, I shouldn't have to adjust the screen at all.
Second, I shouldn't have to be tapping "Enter" 14 times to get it to look correctly and even then I would get 14 blank lines in a out going email.
Third, Why why why would you make this "intentional"? It has no functional purpose. No one asked for it and in the country we continue to complain about it.

After the last forum post complaining about the latest update I even emailed AquaMail to continue to complain about this to get the same thing we were getting under the old forum post silence.
Apparently AquaMail is back with its original developers but it sure doesn't seem like it. Still has MobiSystems ads and has the bad development practices of Mobi.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 03:57:12 pm by chris122380 »

Justin

Re: To much white space between the keyboard and the body of the email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 07:50:39 pm »
Hi, just want to let you know that I can't reproduce your issue. (Samsung S22, Android 12)

Rich Text is enabled. After tapping on "new message" this is my screen:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:52:20 pm by Justin »

chris122380

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 07:27:00 am »
Hi, just want to let you know that I can't reproduce your issue. (Samsung S22, Android 12)

Rich Text is enabled. After tapping on "new message" this is my screen:

That is because you don't have the "Rich format bar at the bottom" enabled. That's why the bar is at the top and not on the bottom and why you're not getting the error.

Justin

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 08:15:53 am »
Ok, got it. New screenshots below.

Personally for me there is no issue. One line for recipients, then more lines for the bidy.

If I write many lines the rtf-bar moves down, then stays right above the keyboard. Ok for me.

chris122380

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 07:58:40 am »
The setting is to be at the bottom and it isn't. If they want the setting to be floating in the body then make it a separate setting but don't make me use what I don't want. It wasn't there before and we didn't ask for it so it's a bug.

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »
It has been 2 weeks since I emailed AquaMail support. Supposed to get a reply within 24 to 48 hours umm yeah right. They still haven't responded to me and they haven't responded here either. This is really annoying and I wish they would fix it.

mkgtu

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 05:12:57 pm »
I also have white space below the rtf bar (at bottom) but it's not very much, a little less than the height of the rtf bar itself. So that doesn't bother me and it disappears as you add more lines to the text body. How much extra white space is there might vary depending on screen size or keyboard size. Don't know.

But what really annoys me is that as I type and add lines, expanding the text area, the rtf bar moves down the screen till by the time I reach line 5 the rtf bar becomes hidden underneath the keyboard. If I want to use it I have to swipe the text area up, thus adding more blank space in the text area. This brings the rtf bar  back into view, but it will disappear again as I continue adding more text lines.

And the setting to make the rtf  bar "float" does nothing at all. I don't know what it's supposed to do; I don't notice anything different whether it's checked on or off. It certainly doesn't keep the rtf bar visible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk