Author Topic: Hide Read Messages in Folder  (Read 1886 times)

toolworker

Hide Read Messages in Folder
« on: August 19, 2022, 11:51:34 pm »
Sorry for the noob questions, but:

• Where's the setting to hide read messages?
  • Can it be done for just one folder?

mkgtu

Re: Hide Read Messages in Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 01:55:01 am »
Don't know about "hiding" read messages, but in any folder you can use the 3-dot menu button in the upper right corner and select the shortcut to sort all the "unread" messages first. That pretty much buries all the "read" messages at the bottom of the list, in effect "hiding" them".
   To get out of that "unread first" sorting, just open the menu again and select "sort by" and choose whatever other sort method you want, like maybe "date and time", etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mkgtu

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 02:09:09 am »
Of course you can also use the Smart Folder and adjust its options in Settings to show "All Current" or "Unread only". Or you can just sort the Smart Folder by "unread first", date & time, or whatever. I think this somewhat permanently fixes those choices in the Smart Folder. Not sure you can change them on the fly like in regular folders without going back into the settings. (Not sure of that because I don't usually use the Smart Folder since I only use one account. I used the Smart Folder when I had multiple accounts)

mkgtu

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 02:18:42 am »
Ah, yes. Just checked. When you're in the Smart Folder you can use the left side menu to adjust on the fly which messages show.
   And to get back to the regular folders view you just tap the icon for whatever account you want. In my case there's only one account, a Gmail account to which are forwarded messages from about a dozen other accounts of one kind or another.
   Like I said, I don't really use the Smart Folder. But now that I see some of its options, maybe I'll start using it once in a while.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 02:22:08 am by mkgtu »