Author Topic: some folder settings forgotten  (Read 2227 times)

wjcarpenter

some folder settings forgotten
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:13:31 pm »
I just noticed this today. At first, I assumed it's due to the 1 August 2022 update (1.38.0), but I find that I am still running 1.37.0. Although most of my settings were OK, at least the mapping/syncing of special folders was lost.

The symptom was that messages deleted in Aqua Mail continued to show up as not deleted on other IMAP email clients. I eventually found that the sync settings for the Deleted, Sent, and Draft folders were set to "do not sync". When I changed them to "sync with" the corresponding special folder, the problem was resolved.

Also, Aqua Mail seems to have forgotten the half dozen or so recently used "Other folders". This is not a big deal, but might be a clue about what happened.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: some folder settings forgotten
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 09:11:13 am »
Thanks for the feedback. Strange, no idea why your settings were changed like that. Glad everything is working for you now.

wjcarpenter

Re: some folder settings forgotten
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:14:26 pm »
I forgot to mention yesterday that I also lost the data that says which senders are OK for automatically showing images.

I guess if nobody else saw these symptoms, we can just put it down as some weird one-off event.