Author Topic: Backup/Restore bug  (Read 2241 times)

DrKK

Backup/Restore bug
« on: August 03, 2022, 02:18:18 am »
I found what could be a very easily missed bug, I believe.  I am using the most up-to-date build on Android.  I use aquamail on both my main cell phone, as well as a Galaxy tablet, same configuration for aquamail (accounts etc).

I wanted to change the outgoing SMTP server on the main account from my personal domain, to gmail.  I did so without any problem on the cellular phone.  I then used the backup/restore feature (account information) coupled with the dropbox integration to transfer those settings to the tablet.  I then deleted all accounts on the tablet, and used the backup/restore feature coupled with the dropbox integration to get those settings on the tablet.  However, the outgoing SMTP settings for the affected account were RESTORED TO THE OLD SETTINGS.  I verified on the phone that indeed the settings were the new settings, and I repeated this entire process, with the same result.  I even cleared caches and data on the tablet, reinstalled aquamail, everything I could think of, and did another backup/restore sequence.  In each case, everything restores correctly, EXCEPT, the outgoing SMTP information is always the old information, despite the fact that it is no longer the old information on the cell phone.  I have verified that I am performing the correct backup/restore, and that the file on dropbox matches the file that was produced.  Somehow, the "backup/restore" process "remembers" the old information, despite it no longer being in use, for the outgoing SMTP server.

??