Author Topic: Version 1.38.0-103800174 - Beta version on Google Play  (Read 21590 times)

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Version 1.38.0-103800174 - Beta version on Google Play
« on: July 21, 2022, 04:46:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

Aqua Mail 1.38 is now available! Here's what we changed:
  • Redesigned Backup & Restore screen to easily restore your license.
  • Redesigned an Account screen
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements
  • We have removed the social media links in Navigation Drawers and added a Top Apps button as part of our affiliate program to give you the option of enhancing your mobile productivity by exploring other recommended applications.

Aqua Mail 1.37 уже доступен! Вот что мы изменили:
  • Переработан экран резервного копирования и восстановления, чтобы легко восстановить вашу лицензию.
  • Переработан экран учетной записи.
  • Исправлены ошибки и улучшена производительность.
  • Мы удалили ссылки на социальные сети в панели навигации и добавили кнопку «Лучшие приложения» в рамках нашей партнерской программы, чтобы дать вам возможность повысить свою мобильную производительность, изучив другие рекомендуемые приложения.

We inform you that we will no longer upload the .apk version of Aqua Mail in the forum. The main reason behind this decision is the security concerns that we currently have.

If you wish to try out the beta, you can do this by going into the Google Play store, finding the Aqua Mail App then scrolling down until you see "Join the beta" and tap join.

Alternatively, to enroll in our Beta Group, please use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.kman.AquaMail.

Thank you for being with us.

Kind Regards,
Martin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:58:59 am by MartinKostov Aqua Support »

Justin

Re: Version 1.38.0-103800174 - Beta version on Google Play
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 08:02:32 pm »
Thanks.

• Designed a new Top Apps section in the Navigation Drawer, helping you test and choose from our top business partners.

When I have read all apps, can I hide this section for daily use please?

edit: I understand this section as advertisement for 3rd-party companies (your partners).
I hope there is nö additional tracking for that.

• Redesigned Backup & Restore screen to easily restore your Pro license.

For both subscription and one-time-purchase of pro key from play store?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 08:11:59 pm by Justin »

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 12:46:40 pm »
Thanks.

• Designed a new Top Apps section in the Navigation Drawer, helping you test and choose from our top business partners.

When I have read all apps, can I hide this section for daily use please?

edit: I understand this section as advertisement for 3rd-party companies (your partners).
I hope there is nö additional tracking for that.

For both subscription and one-time-purchase of pro key from play store?

We are discussing if we should remove it or not atm.
There are new events, yes, but they work on the same principle as the old ones (which have been removed)
You can disable "Usage statistics" in the About menu if you want.

It will restore the subscription/one-off, but not restore the pro-unlocker (If you have bought it)

Justin

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 08:35:06 pm »
There are new events, yes, but they work on the same principle as the old ones (which have been removed)
You can disable "Usage statistics" in the About menu if you want.

Please remove or at least let the user remove it.

Personally for me it's essential to have a clean mail app, with no advertisement and tracking, especially in pro version.

ksuuk

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 08:11:51 pm »

We inform you that we will no longer upload the .apk version of Aqua Mail in the forum. The main reason behind this decision is the security concerns that we currently have.

If you wish to try out the beta, you can do this by going into the Google Play store, finding the Aqua Mail App then scrolling down until you see "Join the beta" and tap join.

I don't want to join the beta group, I want to download the beta here like I always have.

So please explain in detail what security issues you are having, as I don't understand how it relates to banning the download of a publicly available app in the offiicial development builds thread?

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 05:12:46 pm »

I don't want to join the beta group, I want to download the beta here like I always have.

So please explain in detail what security issues you are having, as I don't understand how it relates to banning the download of a publicly available app in the offiicial development builds thread?

I second this. I also don't like joining the beta program through the Play Store as it often takes too long for Google Play to update (who knows by then the stable could be out). This way too if I have to go back to this table all I have to do is uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store. If I'm in the beta in the Play Store I have to wait forever for them to remove me from the beta so I can reinstall the app if I need to roll back out of the beta.

chris122380

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 07:11:22 pm »
When the rich text formatting is enabled for a new email it puts the formatting bar way above the keyboard leaving a bunch of white space underneath it. See attached screenshot

chris122380

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 02:04:56 pm »
Hi everyone,

• We have removed the social media links in Navigation Drawers and added a Top Apps button as part of our affiliate program to give you the option of enhancing your mobile productivity by exploring other recommended applications.

• Переработан экран резервного копирования и восстановления, чтобы легко восстановить вашу Pro лицензию.
  • Мы удалили ссылки на социальные сети в панели навигации и добавили кнопку «Лучшие приложения» в рамках нашей партнерской программы, чтобы дать вам возможность повысить свою мобильную производительность, изучив другие рекомендуемые приложения.

Alternatively, to enroll in our Beta Group, please use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.kman.AquaMail.

Kind Regards,
Martin

What good is it to have us beta test to ignore the community or issue we have reported? I just received a update for stable AquaMail that still contain the exact same error I reported hear.

When the rich text formatting is enabled for a new email it puts the formatting bar way above the keyboard leaving a bunch of white space underneath it. See attached screenshot

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 03:51:09 pm »
Hi everyone,

• Redesigned Backup & Restore screen to easily restore your license.

• Переработан экран резервного копирования и восстановления, чтобы легко восстановить вашу лицензию.

Kind Regards,
Martin

What good is it to have us beta test to ignore the community or issue we have reported? I just received a update for stable AquaMail that still contain the exact same error I reported hear.

We are not ignoring you, have some patience...
I will forward your issue to the devs!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:59:48 am by MartinKostov Aqua Support »

Justin

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 02:58:12 pm »
Hi, now just have got the official release to 1.3.8.

Without writing any further comment to my post above now we have advertisements for other companies in pro version of the app.

This is a big bad step generally.

How can I hide it?

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 04:20:23 pm »
Hi, now just have got the official release to 1.3.8.

Without writing any further comment to my post above now we have advertisements for other companies in pro version of the app.

This is a big bad step generally.

How can I hide it?

We are discussing if we should remove/hide the app drawer.

Justin

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 07:25:29 pm »
@MartinKostov Aqua Support

Two weeks ago you told that you were discussing it:

We didn't get a result of that discussion. Instead you published the version with ads as official release.

That's not what users expect, especially in a forum thread about a beta version.

ksuuk

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 07:55:26 pm »
This theme name suggests that development versions can be downloaded from here. Since it is no longer possible, this topic could be locked altogether.

And since the developer doesn't care about this forum for a long time, the whole forum could actually be closed.

Moreover, due to the attitude and ignorance of the developer, the software itself becomes unusable, then something new has to be found to replace it.

arf8

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 05:47:02 am »
@MartinKostov Aqua Support

Two weeks ago you told that you were discussing it:

We didn't get a result of that discussion. Instead you published the version with ads as official release.

That's not what users expect, especially in a forum thread about a beta version.

Really, discussion about posting ads for paid users?

What is there to discuss, if you think paid users will like this?

Are the developers dense or just idiots?

Remove the ads and stop playing around. Who do you benefits from this change

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 09:06:33 am »
We have discussed the topic of the "Top apps drawer" in the app and we will implement a solution for our users soon!
Be cool, we take your feedback seriously  8)

P.S arf8 you are so sassy::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:59:13 am by MartinKostov Aqua Support »