Author Topic: Approved by Microsoft?  (Read 2575 times)

AndreasG87

Approved by Microsoft?
« on: May 20, 2022, 02:45:32 pm »
Hey

I have been using AquaMail for many years and I love it. I never see myself using anything else.

But now a problem har occurred.
My work place is using Office 365 with Active Directory (OpenID) and has now blocked access to all software that is not approved by Microsoft.

So I ask, could you guys get Microsoft to approve AquaMail ?

I have no idea whats needed or if its possible, but I would hate to switch to anything else  :(

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
Re: Approved by Microsoft?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 06:04:56 pm »
Hi Andreas,

Approved by Microsoft usually means Microsoft-made or made specifically to work with Microsoft Intune. We don't have plans at the moment to make a separate app/the current app work with Intune, sorry.

You can check with your IT department if they are able to/willing to add a manual exception for Aqua Mail, but that's about it.

Martin

phred

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 12:45:47 am »
...but I would hate to switch to anything else  :(
Why not use what your work requires for your work email and use AM for your personal email(s)? Both can live on you Android phone.

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 10:36:20 pm »
...but I would hate to switch to anything else  :(
Why not use what your work requires for your work email and use AM for your personal email(s)? Both can live on you Android phone.

I have to do that because my work does that to. I already know (because I work in IT) that my company won't be whitelisting any third party email apps. To be honest Outlook is missing a lot of important email feature and needs a lot of work. Martin (From Aquamail support) is right that your basically stuck using Microsoft's crappy email app.

phred

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 11:15:30 pm »
I already know (because I work in IT) that my company won't be whitelisting any third party email apps.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding...
Are you using a company phone?If so, you're at the mercy of your IT department. If it's your personal phone that your company said you need to use Outlook for company email, then you should be allowed to use AM for your personal email.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 11:17:24 pm by phred »