Author Topic: Is there a way of temporarily deactivating an account?  (Read 1734 times)

MarkMessinger

Is there a way of temporarily deactivating an account?
« on: May 21, 2022, 02:17:14 am »
Here's the situation: On my Android phone I've configured several email accounts. All have nice signature blocks containing images, HTML links, etc. One is associated with several aliases.

One of the accounts accesses a client's email service (via Exchange). There are no aliases associated with that account. This client has a prohibition against me accessing their system from overseas. And I'll soon be taking a trip overseas.

Is there a way to temporarily disable just that one account, so AquaMail doesn't attempt to retrieve email for just that one account while I am traveling?

The only alternative I can think of is to backup AquaMail's settings - I think I can only back up all accounts, at once - and then delete the one client's account. Then, upon my return, restore the backup, which would restore not only the client's account, but the other accounts I didn't have to delete prior to my travels.

I haven't had reason to restore account settings after they were backed up. Will that restoration return details such as my signature lines and such?

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
Re: Is there a way of temporarily deactivating an account?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 09:09:37 am »
Hi Mark,

Your method to back up the accounts, then delete one and restore it upon returning to your home country will work. Aqua Mail will skip restoring the already exiting accounts and will only restore the one you deleted.

However, you can also just disable sync for that email. In Settings > Manage accounts > email > Options > Account Options > Turn off Scheduled sync, then turn off Include in "Sync All". The account will stop synchronizing in the background, will stop using push mail and it will not be synchronized if you press "Sync All" in the account list. However, you will still be able to manually sync it by accident by pressing its sync button or swiping in the Inbox.

Martin

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: Is there a way of temporarily deactivating an account?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 01:36:21 pm »
#Locked