Author Topic: Where to find detailed update log  (Read 2190 times)

cda

Where to find detailed update log
« on: April 09, 2022, 03:31:23 am »
Hi,

I wanted to get clarification about features added to the latest update, so I searched for an Aqua Mail update log. The only thing I could find was the news page on aqua-mail.com, which has not been updated in several revisions. (I would post a link here, but the forum thinks it is an "external link" even though it is in the same domain...)

Does anyone know where I can find an up-to-date log of specific things changed/added in version updates?

Specifically, what I'm trying to find out is: The notification box after the 1.35 update said there are "new automatic mail settings," but did not explain this in any greater detail. I wanted to know what settings were changed (if any), and whether I need to go back through all the settings on my accounts to make sure nothing has been affected. I love how customizable Aqua Mail is, but that has the unfortunate consequence that checking through all the settings would be quite time consuming.

Any information/help on either of the above questions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

chris122380

Re: Where to find detailed update log
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:33:42 am »
Someone asked the same thing when Version 1.35.0-126 was being released. I've quieted it below but hear is the link to that post if you want to see more of the original source - https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=8398.msg46447#msg46447

We added new automatic mail settings according to popular user demand[/li][/list]
    Thanks for the update.

Could you please explain what the automatic mail settings does?
    If this for setting up a new account? And existing account?
    Is it optional?
    Please elaborate.

There is a list of mail providers we store the mail server settings for to make the login process quicker and easier. Not all mail providers use imap.server.com and smtp.server.com with the standard ports so presets help in those cases.

An example of one such provider is Postecert in Italy. They use mail.postecert.it for IMAP, POP and SMTP all.

Martin
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 08:44:20 am by chris122380 »

cda

Re: Where to find detailed update log
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 07:38:19 am »
    Thank you! Sorry I didn't notice that other post before :)