Author Topic: Version 1.36.0-143 - Beta version on Google Play  (Read 7109 times)

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Version 1.36.0-143 - Beta version on Google Play
« on: May 05, 2022, 12:59:23 pm »
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.36.0-143-stable-6b5e2dcbe.apk

Hi everyone,

Aqua Mail 1.36 beta is now available! So here's what we did:
  • Android 12 enhancements and bug fixes
  • A few optimizations for foldables (per popular user demand)
  • Guided Yahoo Login - a step-by-step guide for easy login of Yahoo accounts
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements

Aqua Mail 1.36 уже доступен! Итак, вот что мы сделали:
  • Улучшения для Android 12 и исправления ошибок
  • Несколько оптимизаций для складных устройств (по многочисленным просьбам пользователей)
  • Guided Yahoo Login — пошаговое руководство по простому входу в учетные записи Yahoo
  • Исправления ошибок и улучшения производительности

Kind regards,
Nedialko

mkgtu

Re: Version 1.36.0-143 - Beta version on Google Play
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 06:07:05 pm »
What sprcifically are Android 12 enhancements? Sounds vague.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 08:56:49 am »

We are targeting Android 12 from this release. It's not one simple change so I didn't list everything.

You can always review Google's guidelines:
https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/migration

Any feedback from you on how the app works now for Android 12 is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nedialko

MoeRT09

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 10:07:14 am »

We are targeting Android 12 from this release. It's not one simple change so I didn't list everything.

You can always review Google's guidelines:

Any feedback from you on how the app works now for Android 12 is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nedialko

Hello,

since the upgrade to Android 12 on my OnePlus 8T the calendar for the Exchange account is no longer synchronized. In the Aqua Mail Exchange settings, no calendars show up (where you could select, which ones to sync). I already cleared the app data and restored the Accounts from a backup but nothing changed. Also I was not able to detect outstanding errors in the Aqua Mail log.

I am not sure, whether this is an Aqua Mail bug or some problem with Android 12 in general (or Oxygen OS 12), as the Exchange account is also not working in Gmail anymore at all. Not even synchronizing mails.

chris122380

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 08:41:44 pm »
I have noticed some sync issues with this latest beta. Seems to be slow checking email or doesn't give a notification until I open the app. This was not an issue before the beta.

Android 12 (Oxygen OS 12) OnePlus 9 Pro

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 04:25:47 am »
The lack of notifications on the beta was so bad (missing important emails) I went back to the stable build (First time I've had to do that for Aquamail beta).

hpg38

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 11:49:44 am »
Same, except that the synchronization is no longer done correctly with any version of Aqua.
I suddenly have problems on several mobiles and all the versions no longer work as they should.

chris122380

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 05:57:22 pm »
Same, except that the synchronization is no longer done correctly with any version of Aqua.
I suddenly have problems on several mobiles and all the versions no longer work as they should.

I had no problems with the latest stable so you may want to check your settings or your backup files. I find that really old backup files may not work (or can cause sync issues). That's why I make regular backups anytime a new release comes.

Right now I'm also playing around with Fairemail. I like the "Disconnect's tracker protection lists" used for blocking trackers in emails. I wish Aquamail would add that. I prefer Aquamail UI and since I missed an important email with the Aquamail beta I decided to have two email clients installed for the time being.

hpg38

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 07:01:17 pm »
yes the backup file is recent, I often redo it.
I'm going to install fairemail in the meantime ;)

Pete Gurney

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 05:14:26 pm »
Since update,  recent folders do not appear in any account. Also in each account the other folders option to add to recent folders does not appear either.

whitesnuf

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 08:24:25 pm »
I have these error messages in the crash log:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method kotlin.jvm.internal.k0.p, parameter context

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2022, 11:19:44 am »
The lack of notifications on the beta was so bad (missing important emails) I went back to the stable build (First time I've had to do that for Aquamail beta).

I have these error messages in the crash log:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method kotlin.jvm.internal.k0.p, parameter context

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We're working on fixing them and we'll release a new beta.

Regards,
Nedialko

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2022, 12:58:34 pm »
Hi everyone,

There's a new beta build available (on Google Play) which resolves most of the issues reported so far:
  • We've fixed the crash appearing as "java.lang.NullPointerException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method kotlin.jvm.internal.k0.p, parameter context"
  • We've fixed a bug with "Other folders" not appearing correctly in the Account List for some users
  • We've added some missing translations & the changelog for this version in the app

Still to be addressed are some of the reports for synchronization problems and potential issues with widgets/Exchange calendar sync. We're not sure yet if the latter two are occuring in the beta version or isolated cases, as there aren't many reports on those. We'd appreciate that you check specifically how they perform for you if you use widget or exchange accounts in the app.

The new build will be uploaded to the forum as well in a bit - meanwhile you can get it on Google Play, if you're enrolled in the beta group - https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.kman.AquaMail.

Martin

qwerty1q

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 02:19:14 pm »
New beta 1.36 I'm getting this pop up every morning

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2022, 04:04:49 pm »
New beta 1.36 I'm getting this pop up every morning image redacted

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

This is what we currently believe is causing the sync issues - the background service is being killed & this popup shows up. Do you mind sending us a log file of the app sitting in the background and this occuring? Send it to support@aqua-mail.com and just link to this thread inside. How to create a log.

Martin