Author Topic: Original Message not included in replies  (Read 2465 times)

Nj04

Original Message not included in replies
« on: April 07, 2022, 11:48:52 pm »
In the past week or so, my responses on emails have stopped including the original email. Not sure what's happened as I haven't updated any settings. But my phone did have an update. Has anyone experienced this? And how do I go about fixing this? I really need the original message included in replies. Thanks

chris122380

Re: Original Message not included in replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 09:36:52 pm »
I am see inconsistency with this too. Some reply emails will do it and others won't. Must be a bug with the editor. Maybe send an email to support as well.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 05:39:39 pm »
Are both of you using Samsung phones which got updated to Android 12 and the Samsung Keyboard app?

chris122380

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 06:30:49 pm »
Are both of you using Samsung phones which got updated to Android 12 and the Samsung Keyboard app?

I am using a OnePlus phone with Oxygen OS 12 (Android 12) with the latest Gboard keyboard.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 11:05:12 am »
@chris - Please send screenshots/video of the exact behavior you see at support @ aqua-mail . com so we can have a closer look.

In case Nj04 uses Samsung - there is a problem after the Android 12 update where the Samsung keyboard app deletes things in the Aqua Mail message editor. Clearing the Samsung keyboard app's data fixes it, so does using any other keyboard app.

Martin

chris122380

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 03:53:34 pm »
@chris - Please send screenshots/video of the exact behavior you see at support @ aqua-mail . com so we can have a closer look.

In case Nj04 uses Samsung - there is a problem after the Android 12 update where the Samsung keyboard app deletes things in the Aqua Mail message editor. Clearing the Samsung keyboard app's data fixes it, so does using any other keyboard app.

Martin

Of course when you go to record it, it quits doing it even on the same email it was doing it on before pressing record. This isn't as big a deal for me but if I can get a recording I'll send one in.