Author Topic: Notification sounds  (Read 2311 times)

Markdoc

Notification sounds
« on: April 01, 2022, 05:33:53 am »
I'm using AM 1.34.0-118.  I have a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12.0.  Today, for some unknown reason, all the sounds on my phone got messed up.  I had AM set up to play a different sound for a specific mailbox or email address. (I can't remember which and I feel stupid)  It was working great when I transfered AM to my new phone.  Now it's gone and I can't find the setting to redo this.  Please, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator
Re: Notification sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 09:29:28 am »
Hello,

You can do both of these customizations. To setup notifications per-account, the path is Settings > Manage accounts > Your e-mail > Special Settings > Message notifications > Enable them, then tap Manage. You'll be taken to the relevant notification category in your Android Settings where the sound can be adjusted (it depends on the device vendor if the sound option is available per category, but I think Google have it).

To setup notifications for specific senders, the option is in Settins > Priority notifications > Enable them, and again tap Manage to visit the notification category in Android Settings.

Your notification sound likely hasn't transferred on the new device so you'll have to dig up the file if it is custom.

Hope this helps!

Martin

Markdoc

Re: Notification sounds
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 10:54:05 am »
Thank you very much.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  Now I feel stupid that I couldn't find it.

Mark