Author Topic: New message editor missing dark theme  (Read 1871 times)

chris122380

New message editor missing dark theme
« on: March 27, 2022, 05:21:34 am »
I have mentioned this in a previous post years ago (I was going to reply to the original post but couldn't find it) but there has been no change. The new message editor doesn't support the dark theme. With some of the changes like the new folders pain, encryption, etc it would be nice to have full dark theme by updating the new editor to support the dark theme.

mkgtu

Re: New message editor missing dark theme
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 05:46:06 am »
I second the motion.
I use dark themes for everything, even use Android s/Samsung's "force dark mode" in the Developer Options to wrestle non-dark mode compliant apps into the shadows... mainly because I am old, have cataracts, and have a very hard time seeing any kind of text against a bright background. Those of you who have ever had cataracts know how blinding that can be.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mkgtu

Re: New message editor missing dark theme
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 05:59:17 am »
And BTW the Android apps for...

GMail
Outlook
Spark
Edison Mail
BlueMail

...ALL these use a dark background for the compose screen if you are using a dark theme for the app. Just makes sense, doesn't it? So it's not impossible or unusual. As a matter of fact it looks like AquaMail is out of step with the rest of the field, the odd ball, behind the times, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk