Author Topic: SSL error when loading attachment on non-wifi connection  (Read 2035 times)

Staartvin

SSL error when loading attachment on non-wifi connection
« on: March 26, 2022, 12:14:35 am »
I have been hampered by a bug over the last year where I cannot download attachments from an email when I'm not on a WiFi connection. Whenever I activate my mobile connection and disable my WiFi connection, I get the following error (see the image) when trying to download an attachment. It happens with any e-mail, regardless of the type of attachment.

Is this a bug on my side or is this a bug in AquaMail?

chris122380

Re: SSL error when loading attachment on non-wifi connection
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 07:25:27 pm »
I have a couple of questions but I can't guarantee any of this will lead us to a fix or not.

First, would be to know what the Settings - Network looks like. It's possible one of these SSL settings could be causing the problem. (I would think that if SSL certificate change detection is enabled it could lead to this problem).
Second, long press on the email account and click options and folders (or settings - manage accounts - select the email account having issues - options) - IMAP or POP3 options - is enable data compression enabled for mobile? If so disable it and try again. If compression isn't enabled it doesn't need to be. I don't remember what the default option is but mine is set to compress over mobile but I don't have this issue.

Staartvin

Re: SSL error when loading attachment on non-wifi connection
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 11:53:36 am »
I have a couple of questions but I can't guarantee any of this will lead us to a fix or not.

First, would be to know what the Settings - Network looks like. It's possible one of these SSL settings could be causing the problem. (I would think that if SSL certificate change detection is enabled it could lead to this problem).
Second, long press on the email account and click options and folders (or settings - manage accounts - select the email account having issues - options) - IMAP or POP3 options - is enable data compression enabled for mobile? If so disable it and try again. If compression isn't enabled it doesn't need to be. I don't remember what the default option is but mine is set to compress over mobile but I don't have this issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Both the 'SSL certificate change detection' and 'data compression for mobile' are disabled. Note that it happens for all accounts, so this may not be a per-account setting.