Author Topic: Bug? Purge local deleted folders when exiting doesn't work when using PUSH e-mai  (Read 1912 times)

Tollie

I use aquamail on 2 devices. sharing the same e-mail account.
They are setup the same with one difference; Device1 uses push e-mail and Device2 doesn't.

On both, I selected the "purge local (in app) deleted folders and there is no sync set on deleted/trash folders.

When I delete an email from the inbox, it is moved to the local aquamail deleted folder and is removed from the inbox view in aquamail.

On Device1 (with push enabled) pressing back to exit leaves the mail in the local deleted folder, and thus it is not removed from the IMAP inbox.
    it will only purge and remove from IMAP inbox if I manually select the deleted folder and use " delete all" to purge it.
On Device2 (no push) pressing back to exit empties the local deleted folder and thus removes them from IMAP inbox.

I think this is a bug as it's not working as I expected, especially as the deleted folder is local (not synced) on both so the option should purge local deleted on exit.

Martin, Aqua Mail Support

• Global Moderator